Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sun-shiny day on the lake

We took the boat out for the second time as a family this summer.
This time we invited our new found friends the Fronks.
When we started attending our new ward a few weeks ago Chad ran into one of his mission companions in the hallway between meetings. Turns out he and his wife and daughter are in our ward. Small world! He got a job here in Modesto and they moved here a few months ago. It was very random but turns out to be great because we all get along really well and our girls are only 3 months apart!
Stephanie and Brooke(Fronk)
Mark(Fronk) is on the left.
Our friends Steve and Breanne Bolton also got to come! Chad has been friends with Steve since high school. We haven't had the opportunity to hang out with them much lately so it was a nice chance to catch up.
Afton had a better time the second go around on the boat although she still was not a fan of her life jacket.
Can you tell by her face? She looks pretty miserable but she really did have a better time I promise.
Stephanie and I took the girls on their first inner-tube ride ever and they weren't very impressed. We went about 3 MPH and the ride lasted maybe a minute. Then Afton started screaming because she tired and hungry. So unfortunately our ride came to an early end.

What Afton did love was hanging out on the inner-tune (without her life jacket, that's the important part for her) while we stopped and ate lunch and swam around. Don't worry I was VERY careful with her while she wasn't in the life jacket. I'm a good mom, I promise.
It's pretty hilarious how annoyed Brooke and Afton look in every picture that they have a life jacket on.
Afton is still getting used to Brooke and she likes to just stare at her, but guess how I know she likes her?
...Because she sucks on her toes of course! Believe me she doesn't put anything in her mouth she doesn't like at least a little bit. My daughter has a thing for feet what can I say?
And that was our sunshiny day at the lake! Only one person (cough cough Mark) got burned like a lobster. I'm happy to announce I only got a very mild sunburn on my shoulders and my dear baby was so lathered in sunscreen not even a walk ON the sun would have burned her!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! I'll need to get the pictures from you!

    ReplyDelete