Sunday, August 28, 2011

"The Help"



For my mom's 50th birthday (She still doesn't seem 50 to me!) I took her to see "The Help." We both read the book and were very excited to see it portrayed on the big screen. I am always a little skeptical of books turned into movies because let's be real: you can NEVER make the movie as good as the book. It's just a know fact. You can come close, but you will not succeed. And while I again will not say the movie was as good as the book, because it wasn't, it came darn close!

It was so wonderfully done and they really didn't leave out anything too big (they couldn't have added anything else, the movie was over 2 hours). The characters were all cast perfectly, every single one. My favorites were Skeeter and her mother and Minny of course. It was the perfect amount of humor and serious, which the book was too.

I just can't say enough good about the movie. But you need to read the book as well!

Thanks for a fun date mom and happy birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment