Wednesday, August 10, 2011

25, no wait 26, down

It's funny how when I started eating differently I did it to lose weight. Then once I started studying food a little more and learning more about it, it turned into eating healthy because it's fun, good for you and I like the way it makes me feel. Losing weight was definitely an added benefit, but definitely NOT my biggest priority anymore.
However, I am still proud to say I have lost 26 pounds! I started at 202(somewhere around here, post pregnancy weight) and am now at 176.
I was wearing size 16-18 and now wear 14-15.
But more importantly I feel good. I feel beautiful and I LIKE the way I look. I haven't been able to say that consistently in a long time.
But still more importantly I am building my repertoire of healthy recipes for my family. I really want to teach Afton early on that fruits and veggies taste good and that they are the healthiest for you. I also want to teach her that pizza once and a while is great and don't feel bad for enjoying dessert. I hope she will learn how to cook and eat healthy and that we can have fun doing it together. That is what I look forward to most.

No comments:

Post a Comment