Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dear Afton, Love Oliver

Dear Afton-

I'll be honest, when they brought you home from the hospital, I thought you might be another stuffed animal for me to rip up. But they got really mad when I tried to get too close so I figured you had to be something else. Then I realized after a week that mom and dad loved you a lot and the only way I was going to get any attention was if I was close to you. So I figured I would see if I liked you and get to know you a little. Then I licked your foot for the first time and you tasted good. That's about all it took to convince me, I like people pretty easy.
I got pretty worried when you cried in your room and it puzzled me why mom and dad let you cry sometimes. But don't worry I had your back. I would sit outside your room and even sneak in it sometimes if they left the door open, until you stopped crying.
And now I think you're pretty cool. So I like to lay by you whenever you are on the floor. You know just to make sure you have something to entertain you so you don't cry.
And okay, I get you're getting older and are moving around a little more so I'm just gonna sit by you on the couch too just so you don't fall off. Don't worry I won't smother you, just keeping an eye on you. Like I said, I have your back. And you know I might even let you pull my ear once and a while or chew on my tail, but just don't do it too often okay? Because it doesn't feel that great.
So anyways I guess it's okay that you're around... just as long as you don't ALWAYS hog mom and dad. Not gonna lie, I do like to cuddle. Maybe when you're older you can convince mom and dad to let me sleep with you? I promise I will take a bath more often and work on not peeing on my stomach. Let me know about that...
I guess you can stick around for another few months if you want to.

Love, Oliver

1 comment:

  1. I love this! It almost makes me wish I had a dog for my kids (ALMOST)! They are so cute together! And my little angel of a niece is growing up too fast! She is getting chunkier too! I love it ;)

    ReplyDelete