Monday, August 1, 2011

Bringhurst Reunion

So at the end of June, our little family of four (yes I include Oliver in that count) drove to Idaho for the Bringhurst Family reunion that happens every other year. This year it was at Chad's Grandma Bringhurst's farm in Rupert. The drive there was long. We drove at night so that Afton could get sleep, which she did. She did so good and hardly fussed at all. Chad and I however were very tired to say the least. We traded off driving a lot and had to pull over and sleep once. Remind me to NOT drive at night again.
Oh and Oliver kept trying to get in the front of the car so he could lay on our laps. He even tried climbing over Afton's car seat a few times. We would hear a whimper from Afton all of the sudden and look back and Oliver was standing on her trying to get to the front. It was so late at this point we were thinking Oliver didn't even know she was there. Luckily Afton didn't even wake up and Oliver eventually went to sleep in the back.
Remind me NOT to bring our dog next time.
(Also note the middle picture of Olive growling at someone outside the car. He did this EVERY time we stopped.)

We finally made it to Idaho and enjoyed ourselves at the reunion. There were so many people there to talk and visit with. Never a dull moment.
(Clockwise from top left: Chad and Parker fixing the OLD motor bikes. Afton asleep with Aunt Diane. Afton, Aunt Katie and Dixie. Aunt Diane and Afton. Tony, Katie and Tyler. Matt riding the motor bike. Center: Amanda, Dixie and Jill.)
One thing I love about trips is that I get to spend more time with my hubby and now my Afton!
(Clockwise from top left: Me and Chad taking a motorcycle ride. Afton and Daddy hanging by the campfire. Me and Chad at the cemetery visiting family gravestones. Mommy and Afton at Grandma Bringhursts.)
I have an absolutely amazing husband who likes to help anyone and everyone. So needless to say he is always busy at family gatherings. (Sometimes I get cranky about that fact because I don't see him as much as I want, but I wouldn't want my husband any other way. He is so generous.)
(Grilling his famous BBQ chicken for lunch one day. Hanging with Oliver. Tending to the fire. Tending to Baby :-)

(clockwise from top left: Afton and Grandma Bringhurst. John and Tony. Dixie. Katie, Afton, Becca and Jill. Lydia and Afton.
We love the Bringhurst family. They are the most loving and outgoing family and we are always laughing and having a good time around them. I am so blessed with wonderful in-laws!

No comments:

Post a Comment