Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A few weeks later...

Sometimes life happens. Okay, life happens ALWAYS. In my case, June-July was BUSY. So after quickly losing 25 pounds I have now been at a standstill for about 6 weeks.
I have still been pretty good though but I am now feeling the itch to get back on it FULL throttle. I tried to start on Monday and it just didn't happen.
So this coming Monday it WILL happen. It will! I am motivated. I have been perusing a lot of healthy eating blogs lately and have lots of new ideas so I am pretty excited.
Plus, I have looked everywhere for raw macadamia nuts in Modesto and had pretty much given up hope but alas I found some! Yay! So now I can make the raw "ranch" dressing I have been dying to try. So that will make my salads sing a little next week.

My main goal when going back on is to just make smart choices. Even if I get off the wagon for a day and don't do as well as I hope, I can still chose better options and still feel good.
Like tonight. Chad and Afton are asleep and I am looking at blogs and making Chad egg-salad for lunch tomorrow (I still cook Chad whatever he wants. I WILL not force him to eat what i eat.) and I got the late-night snack craving.
You know... that I want some cookies and milk or a bowl of cereal or something really sugary and bad for me craving.
So I thought of this:
Because that's what was lying on our counter from Chad's earlier pre-bedtime snack.

But then I read a few health blogs and felt guilty and said, "No! Dangit!"

And then I ate this instead and felt much better and not guilty at all.
Sprouted bread with a little butter and honey.
Yay for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment