Friday, June 17, 2011

Staples for last minute meals

Although I am loving this way of eating, it is tiring.
And there are some days when I simply don't feel like cooking...
I have even eaten Subway a handful of times (gasp!)

But I have come to find out there are a few things I can whip up in no time, even when I don't feel like it.
So these are the staples I have been keeping in my fridge(or freezer):

Frozen fruit
Fresh Squeezed orange juice
Ice trays
These make a fast lovely smoothie for a morning breakfast on the run. And buy your frozen fruit at Costco. So much cheaper!

Sprouted grain tortillas
Goat Cheese
Avocados
Tomatoes
These make a wonderful Quesadilla for lunch

Avacado
Red Onion
Lime
Tomato
Cilantro
Garlic Salt
Throw these together for a last minute Guac

Fresh Atlantic Salmon
Asparagus
Other root veggies such as carrots and potatoes
I simply stick the salmon in the oven with a little butter, soy sauce and lemon juice for about 20 minutes along with the cut up veggies tossed with olive oil, garlic salt and pepper and you have a delicious dinner for two.

That is how you eat healthy even when you are too tired to eat healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment