Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Melons and such

When it comes to melons I usually stay in my comfort zone of watermelon.
Let me give you some background on my love of watermelon:
After a long day of construction my dad would come home, kick off his boots, cut himself off a thick slice of watermelon, plop it on a plate, grab a fork and relax in his recliner.
I would then snuggle up close and ask for a bite.
He gave in and boy was that a big mistake.
My mom tells me that from there on out we SHARED the slice of watermelon.
And that is how the lovely relationship started.

So I figured I should really be fair and give the other melons a chance right?
I'm sure nothing will ever be better than watermelon, but who knows?


Maybe the Galia, Honeydew or Cantelope will give the Watermelon a run for it's money as my all time favorite...
But I doubt it.
(Ignore the grapefruit...it snuck in my melon picture. Apparently it has hopes and dreams of making it into the melon family someday...)

No comments:

Post a Comment