Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Birthday Weekend

I spent my birthday at the cabin, one of my favorite places to be. It ended up snowing, at the end of May. Yep. But it was wonderful. I loved having the cold a little longer this year... a little less of 100 degree weather is fine by me.
We did our usual snuggling on the couch and watching movies.
Especially Oliver. That dog KNOWS how to snuggle. Even more so when his paws are cold from the snow.

Ariana came with us too which ended up being great because she was able to entertain these two rascals...Brennan- who insisted on wearing this mask most of the weekend...
and Brady- who was a little camera shy at first.
But he eventually warmed up to the idea and let me snap a shot. These two are my step-sisters boys. They are both so cute and fit perfect in our family. I didn't get a picture of my step-mom Micki and her daughter Heather. Sadly...

In addition to the movie watching and couch snuggling we also braved the weather and went fishing. I think the fish were getting warm in their fish beds at the bottom of the lake, but Ariana and I learned how to fish from my manly husband, aka the expert fisherman. He should be on a much safer, more tame version of Deadliest Catch! Ha.
Afton and I kept each other warm...
and looked at the beautiful scenery during Ariana's lesson.
Oliver barked at the non-existent fish...
and pawed his way around the dock.

Ariana and I also took the Prowler for a spin but that didn't last due to the snow splattering in our face. Still fun though. Oh and Oliver joined us in the back much to his dismay. In his defense, he would much rather be warm than cold. Who can blame him?
Afton ended out the weekend by watching a Vince Gill concert on TV with my dad. Let's just say she sat mesmerized for half an hour. Not a peep. It was so cute. Apparently she loves Vince Gill, who knew?

All in all, a wonderful Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment