Monday, June 13, 2011

Inside my fridge lately

Once I started this new way of living I needed a place to get all the food I was going to eat...
Hmm... let's see...
The Farmers Market seemed appropriate.
So after 30-40 dollars spent and less than an hour this is what I came home with:

Cherries, Peaches, Strawberries and lemons
Red cabbage, asparagus, green onions, yellow onions, ginger, celery, tomatoes, squash and zucchini.
Leeks, carrots and cherry tomatoes.
Radishes and red onions

So this was a few weeks ago and believe it or not I consumed almost all this food, threw only a few items away because they went bad before I could eat them and actually still have a few things in the fridge.
Turns out I don't really like red cabbage and celery lasts a long time in the fridge.

Head out to your nearest farmers market and try some new fruits and veggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment