Tuesday, June 7, 2011

3 weeks down

So... It's been a while. Obviously.
Let's just say that eating healthy takes A LOT of time, thus leaving me with little to no time to do anything else.
So the daily updates went out the window and I pretty much stopped tracking what I was eating everyday but that's ok.
I also haven't been very strict on the weekend which means I usually don't lose any weight on the weekends but I also don't gain anything back so I am totally fine with that.
My current weight, after 4 weeks is, 183. So another pound and I will have lost 20 pounds.
It's crazy how easy it has been.
I have always struggled to eat healthy.
I have always felt deprived when on a diet and thus have never stuck with it.
But this is so different.
I WANT to eat this way.
I LIKE the food.
I ENJOY eating healthy.
Weird. When did that happen?

I consistently eat fruit until lunch, nothing else.
The one morning I had breakfast (English muffin, Egg and Bacon) I felt disgusting the rest of the day and I know that it pushed me back from my goal. Plus I just didn't like how I felt.
So honestly I have no intention of every eating breakfast that way again. I like my fruit and I am sticking with it. For good.
Lunch sometimes consists of salads only. Sometimes I just don't feel like a salad so I will have chips and guacamole or a "detox" quesadilla. One of my favorites. To be honest I have been eating a lot of avocados. They are one of my lunch staples.
And dinners really range.
Vegetable fajitas.
Turkey meatloaf (which although is not one of Natalie's recipes still relates pretty well to this diet).
Vegetable Omelet's
Salmon and vegtables
Mostly my dinners are cooked.

So while I started out at about 70-80% raw I have fallen into probably about 50-60% raw now which is a good place for me to be and to be honest I will probably stay there for a while, if not for good.

The bottom line is I feel good. I am happier. I have more energy. I am learning so much about fruits and vegetables and our earth. Losing weight is obviously a perk and why I started this but is actually one of the least important results of this new way of eating.
I really feel that this is the best possible thing that could have happened to me right now. I have a sure fire plan to be happy and healthy. I definitely don't think this is for everyone and not everyone agrees with it, but that's ok.
It's what's right for me and I feel my whole family...someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment