Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Raw Food Detox Diet


I decided to save this book for it's own post because it deserves it. I read it in two days and have been re-reading sections of it since I bought it. Busy Bee Lauren turned me onto this book and boy am I glad she did. It is such a refreshing view on dieting/losing weight. I have struggled with my weight pretty much since I got married and I had finally had enough! This book has helped me so much already in only a few days. I have a new view on what "healthy" means and why I need to eat healthier.
Here are a few things I love about this book and a raw food lifestyle:

1) Natalia helps you understand your body and how hard it has to work to digest, especially when the food is junk.
2) She helps you understand what foods digest best together and what times of the day you should and shouldn't eat certain foods.
3) I FINALLY understand why cows milk is NOT good for humans. Yep, that's right. I grew up with this notion in my head but never really understood it. Now I do and it's so simple.
4) Even though Natalia lives a totally raw and vegan lifestyle she DOE NOT recommend that for everyone and actually says in the book many times that many people shouldn't live that way.
5) She gives you a structured way to eat that still allows for you to mess up once and a while but jump right back on the next day.
6) The food recipes she suggests are good!!
7) I have a new found respect and fondness for salads... not drenched in ranch dressing.
8) She gives you a very simple test to determine where you should start in the raw food sphere and simple meal plans for a week to get you started. She also has a lot of very good recipes that will keep you busy for a few weeks.
9) I feel great! I have more energy even though I have been getting less sleep due to a cranky teething baby(more on that later).

I FINALLY feel like I have a way of eating that I can stick to (for more than just a couple weeks) and lose the weight I want to. I am so excited about this and have been devoting A LOT of my time to it. So I'm hoping and pretty confident it will pay off. I have already lost a few pounds in the three days I have been doing it.
So PLEASE go pick up this book. Even if you are the perfect weight and have no desire to live a raw food lifestyle there is still something to learn from this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment