Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 4 menu and thoughts

Day 4(Wed 18th):

Weight: 193.00

Breakfast:

Fruit Smoothie: fresh orange juice, ice, fresh strawberries, frozen peaches, mango and pineapple

Oatmeal w/ a little raw sugar- I was craving oatmeal really bad but after I ate it, I just felt heavy. I definitely won’t be eating such a big breakfast again. I learned my lesson. Even oatmeal (which is supposed to be one of the healthiest breakfasts) just didn’t satisfy me the same way eating only fruit for breakfast does. I will from now on stick to only fruit!

Lunch(2:00 pm):

Chopped Salad: Romaine and Arugula w/ zuchinni, carrots, red onions, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, fresh corn, raw walnuts and sunflower seeds w/ raw Caesar dressing

Apple Pie Lara Bar, raw almonds and dark chocolate

Snack(5:30 pm):

Watermelon and Pineapple

Dinner(7:00 pm):

Gazpacho

Detox pizza w/ mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, olives and zucchini

Guiltless Gormet corn chips w/ homemade salsa

I feel pretty good although I have a sneaking suspicion that my stomach does not like mushrooms. I put them on my pizza tonight to try them again but I think I am getting a dreaded stomach ache. At first I thought it was a sensitivity to Gluten but that turned out not to be true so I think it is mushrooms. If it isn’t then I have no idea!

I feel so great today. I have a lot of energy even though Afton kept waking up last night because she is teething. I really just feel good. And the food I have been eating is amazing because I KNOW it is healthy and my stomach can digest it quickly. Plus I love cooking so it feels great to make all my meals even though I am spending around 2-4 hours a day doing so.

Also noticing my clothes fitting a little looser. Yay! But the best thing is, the weight loss has not been my primary concern. I am more happy with the fact that I am liking what I am eating and feeling great after.

Oh and “Aha” moment of the week. I can now pray and bless my food before each meal and not feel silly for asking Heavenly Father to bless my pizza to nourish and strengthen my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment