Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ways to spend my days

According to my title I can rhyme. Cute, I know.
I had a lot of 'things', for lack of a better word, on my mind today.
Activites, if you will.
Ways I like to spend my time.
"Things" that happened the last couple days.
What I think about certain holidays, ahem...today.
You know, that kind of stuff.
Let me enlighten you.

1) American Idol...I was getting bored with this season and almost decided to stop watching...until last night. I don't know if everyone decided to take exciting pills instead of boring pills but there were actually some good performances for a change.

Lee DeWyze was my favotire of the night. Actually my favorite since the beginning really. He is the only one I look forward to every week. And he blew me away last night. I think I got goose bumps and I have developed a little bit of a TV crush (shhh don't tell Chad. But really TV crushes are ok, just ask my sister. She has a TV cruch on Damon from Vampire Diares. So I don't feel guilty.)
I also really like Crystal Bowersox. She has talent. You can't deny it. Last night wasn't her best, but was still good.
And finally Andrew Garcia had good performance. It was about time. I love that he take a popular song and transforms it into something that you can totally get into.
Casey James and Michael Lynche also pleasantly surprised me. I have never been on their bandwagon before last night.
The others, eh.
Tim Urban annoys the crap out of me and I hope he goes home.
I want to like Didi but she is getting worse.
Katie Stevens tries to hard and and I don't think she will last much longer.
Oh and Aaron Kelly. He is pinch your cheeks cute. And last night's performance wasn't great but I think he does have a good voice and his innocence is refreshing. I would want him to win just for that reason.
Oh and can't forget Siobhan Magnus. I really like her, maybe because she is so weird. Very entertaining. But she really does rely on the screaming and she was off last night.
So there you go. I'm sure you really don't care about what I think about American Idol.

I really just wanted to predict who would win (Lee or Crystal) and then say I told you so when they do!!


2) My reading list- I am ALWAYS on the lookout for the "next book" in my life. I started compiling this list of books to read and I figured I would post it in hopes that you might be able to give me a go or a no go on the books so I don't waste my time on anything that isn't worth reading.

I have been very into fiction/fantasy lately and I actually just started the Harry Potter series over agin. I have only read the books once. So far I have gotten 2 chapters into the first book. ha I love the last 3 books but I am slightly neurotic about starting a series in the middle. So I will read the slightly less interesting first book to appease myself.

So here is my long reading list (help me narrow it or prioritize it if you can)(Oh and some books on here I have already read):
  • Graceling by Kristin Cashore
  • Fire by Kristin Cashore
  • Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
  • Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
  • The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
  • Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral by Kris Radish
  • The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs
  • The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale
  • Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
  • The Five People you Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom
  • The Confessions of a Shapaholic series
  • The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks
  • The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
  • The Lord of the Rings Series by JRR Tolkien
  • Harry Potter by JK Rowling
  • The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery (that is quite a name!)
  • Dead Men's Hearts by Aaron Elkins
  • Murder int eh Queen's Armes by Aaron Elkins
  • Make No Bones by Aaron Elkins
  • The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams
  • Timeline by Michael Crichton
  • The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde
  • Lost in a Good Book by Japer Fforde
  • The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
  • The Guernsey Literary and Potato Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
  • The Lonely Herts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg
  • The Undaunted: The Miracle of the hole-in-the-rock Pioneers by Gerald Lund
  • Leverage Point by Gerald Lund
  • Freedom Factor by Gerald Lund
  • The Alliance by Gerald Lund
  • Seven Miracles That Saved America: Why They Matter and Why We Should Have Hope by Christ Stewart
  • The God of War by Chris Stewart
  • The Fourth War by Chris Stewart
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitsgerald
  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  • Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  • Call of the Wild by Jack London
  • Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
  • Lord of the flies by William Golding
  • Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery

This list is ever changing becaues, well, my book mood is every changing! So I gladly accept any suggestions.

3) Car Crashes: This is no April fools joke. I swear. In the midst of this post (yesterday), Chad called me to tell me he had just been rear ended on Sylvan. The woman who hit him was going about 45 and just didn't see traffic slowing. Good news: We drive a lifted Jeep Wrangler so the only visible damage to our vehicle is some scratche on the bumper. However, the bumper is basically steel which is attached to directly to the chassis. So if the chassis is damaged or bent then we could have a big problem on our hands. So Chad is taking it to get looked at today.Chad is having some back and neck issues. What with the whiplash and all. He was hit pretty hard. So we took him into the chiropractor right away. So he is being taken care of but is still really sore today.

4) I NEVER thought I wuld almost admit to not hating a lady Ga Ga song. I am still in no way saying I like her song Telephone, I am just saying it is catchy and not completely gross. Still, I don't like her. I just thought that I would admit that I can see why she is so popular. I still think her music is gross and vulgar but her latest song doesn't quite get an my nerves as much. (Can you tell I am really avoiding saying I like her still? Cause I am).

5) Oh and I have decided I REALLY don't like April Fool's. I think that people go way overboard and it just get's to the point where enough is enough. I think that it is fun when the jokes are harmless. But when I hear people saying they told their parents they were kidnapped or they told their boss they were quiting, etc. it's just too much. So let's try this instead... from now on April 1st will be honest day. Don't you think that would be healthier for our country?

Ok I am done. I am not getting off of my soap box.
So to recap...I like American Idol & Reading.
I DON'T like car crashes and April Fool's day.
I still don't like Lady GaGa even though her new song is catchy.
Got it?
Hope so.

2 comments:

  1. you may like her new song because it has feat Beyonce in it :)

    hope Chad is getting to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading what you write about! It's fun, whitty and true. More of the world's population should possess such qualities of the written word.

    ReplyDelete