Monday, March 15, 2010

Febuary in review

I know febuary is the shortest month of the year...but it seems to go by much faster than all of the other months. I have had the best intentions of blogging about many things that happened in Febuary. Mostly I have wanted to record more journal type blogs. What we have been doing, who we have seen, that kind of thing. Even with my good intentions though, I have fallen flat. I haven't blogged about any of those things and I am not sure why...just haven't. But now I am. More than two weeks into March...that's a lot of procrastinating...I have finally gotten around to it. And what's to thank for the end of the procrastination strike? A deeply rooted cough in my chest and weakness from being sick. So thank you cold, virus, whatever you are. Because finally I will blog about Febuary 2010.
(Update: I started this blog while I was sick a week ago and am not just finishing it...so I procrastinated on top of procrastinating...that's bad, even for me!)
It started out as a great month. My older sis Nichole who lives in Utah with her hubby and daughter got to bring Brielle out for a visit! Chase, my brother-in-law, took a trip to Haiti for a few weeks. He is a firefighter/EMT so he was asked to go and offer his services there.

So Nichole decided to bring Brielle out for a visit becuase she has never seen Modesto. We spent most of our time just visiting with each other, but it was so nice to see both of them! It has been weird the last 6 months not being able to drive to my sister's house whenever I want...so this made the seperation a little more bearable.

Fun with my dad's work hat...it's amazing what can entertain kids. It's also amazing how many pictures you want to take of them.


My precious niece...she knows what she wants and when she wants it...I would like to think she takes after me in that respect. Let's face it: I was a little brat when I was little, I won't deny it. My niece is definitely not a brat, just strong willed. But it makes her more endearing. This little sequence reminded me a little of Oliver and his early obsesion with water bottles.



























The siblings:
Meet Brielle: aka miss Sassy! I laughed pretty hard at this picture...it almost looks like she is going to slap my dad.

We took a weekend trip to the cabin on the 19th-21st of Febuary.

Oliver LOVES to explore at the cabin. He does suprisingly well walking around in the snow but still prefers to lounge on the warm deck.



We spent our weekend snowmobiling, eating, visitng and lounging by the fire...this is the usual cabin routine. And we wouldn't want it any other way.





This was taken at a Birthday dinner for Bobby. We dined at BJ's for the first time and it definitely makes the "good" restaurant list and the "visit again" restaurant list.


New additions to our humble abode:

Meet Nigel the Niger- Happily swimming away in our tank for well over a month now. It was a little touch and go for a while, meaning we weren't sure if he was going to live, but he has made a full recovery and happily eats his shrimp every day.


Meet sleek/lovely/suave Green Side Table- I used to use a wimpy book light to read with at night and a filing cabinet for a side table. Needless to say this is a much needed improvment. I have TJ Maxx to thank.

Meet Dell Desktop Computer- We snagged this guy for the low price of $350. Our Dell Laptop took a turn for the worse and unfortunately didn't make it, so we had to buy a new one. I would like to say thank you to my laptop for the 4 years of priceless companionship you offered me through many papers and assignments. You served me well.

So that was Febuary...all in all a GREAT month. And of course the great ones always go by too fast, but that's life.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE all the pictures of B and us in Modesto. I love that you named your new fish Nigel! Your nightstand looks very nice too, I love TJ MAX! And good score on your computer. That is a super good deal, I hope our laptop lasts us at least another year. Oh and I went to BJ's once in San Jose with Jeni and Carlos, all I remember eating in the Pazookie and it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, love your new side table! i need to get over to tj maxx i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your niece has gotten so big. She is still so adorable!

    Glad you had fun at the cabin. I didn't know you guys got snow in the mountains there. I guess if it is a mountain, it can get snow.

    Cute little table! I love TJ MaX!

    ReplyDelete