Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Not so young anymore

My little sister turned 11 on Friday.
It's weird...that she's 11.
I was old enough to remember her being born.
I was old enough to watch her walk around in diapers and even change a few of those diapers.
She really changed a lot in the 3 years Chad and I lived in Utah.
So I really didn't see her mature from kid to almost teenager.
So her being 11 is a little surreal for me.

So she has a few friends over on Friday for a sleepover.
It was hilarious listening to what 11 year old girls talk about.
I kept trying to remember if that's how I acted when I was 11...probably.

Ariana is a tad obssessed with Cats right now. So all of her presents involved cats somehow.
All of her friends drew her cat pictures as a part of their presents, which I thought was very cute.
I bought her a sparkly cat T-shirt and an art set because she loves to draw cats.




And my parents took her to get her ears pierced for her birthday present!
And what's a birthday party without a cake?I made the cake and it was my first time decorating a cake really. I don't know how I have lived 21 years and have never decorated a cake.

You know the saying less is more?
Well I think I should have taken that advice. I went a little decorating crazy and it looked a little funny. But at least it tasted good. (I give you permission to laugh at my funny looking cake. Believe me, I did!)

So happy Birthday to my wondrful little sister. You are getting so mature and beautiful. However, you are still silly and I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. How did Ariana and I get so lucky to have such an amazing sister in our lives! Your cake is awesome! I probably would have went overboard with the decorating too,but it looks fabulous! That sparkley cat t shirt you got her is so hilarious (just because she likes cats so much) and it is so cute! I wish I could have been there. Hopefully we can talk later today, i already feel a ton better than yesterday! I'll tell you all about it later. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariana said she wants to go to your house (or should I say jacuzzi) more because you are 'fun'. Thanks for the love you give to your little sister.

    ReplyDelete