Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My 21st Birthday!

Wow I have had so much to catch up on! I know there have been a lot of posts in a short time. Thanks for the faithful readers that read every blog! This is the last one for a few days hopefully. This past week, on Thursday, the 28th, I had my 21 st birthday. It really wasn't all that different from any other birthday except that I can now legally drink. Except that I don't drink. So really nothing more changed except for another year in my life passing. I feel older than 21 but I am glad that I am still young and have a lot to look foreword to in my life. It's also nice that I have already found my husband and have so much to look foreword to with him!

So my birthday was on Thursday. Chad and I got to sleep in together, until 8, it still felt like sleeping in. That was nice. We don't get to do to that very often but Chad recently changed jobs and now doesn't have to get up quite as early. So I woke up to him wishing me a happy birthday. It was a nice way to start my day. Then I had to go to class. My day unfortunately didn't stop just because it was my birthday. I got on the 15 to drive to class because my class was in Bountiful. Of course it took me 40 minutes to get to Bountiful (which usually takes me 15) becuase they had closed the 15 from 600 N almost all the way to Bountiful. Uggg... I hate traffic. So I was 45 minutes late to class and felt like a loser walking in. But I heard after that I wasn't the only one late so I didn't feel quite so bad. So that was not great but oh well. After that I got to work on my pottery which is always fun and relaxing.

Then I went to work and came home about 5:30. When I got off work I had a bunch of voicemails and messages which is always nice. I had three people sing me happy birthday on my voicemal (Thanks mom, dad and Emily- I'm glad your not afraid to do that because it made me smile!) . I also had one voicemail that said I should go out and buy and drink and give it so someone else because I don't drink. Haha Thanks Blair, I will do that. I also had many other people call me and wish me happy birthday throught out the say. My sister called me first. My brother called me too and two of my best friends from Cali, Danny and Eric. Also my mother-in-law called me on my birthday and the day before! lol She was thinking it was the day before. So I got two calls from her. Beat that everyone else!

It was so nice to know that I have such wonderful family and friends. They all remembered my birthday and made be feel loved. I really appreciated everyone's calls and texts. Thanks!!

After work Chad and I hung out together and just relaxed. He have me my presents and they were great. Very thoughtful.

He got me this scrapbook organizer. I really wanted it and I think he was tired of seeing all of my scrapping stuff on the coffee table. Either way I love it. He also got me a few scrapping things.


And he got me this scrapbook and a book I've been wanting. The book is great so far and I highly recommend it to anyone that wants a natural birth control or to just know more about your body (This is for women by the way. I suppose a man could read it but might not get much out of it. haha)


And he got me flowers. I know flowers don't last like the other gifts but they still make a girl feel loved!


Oh and this is what my mother-in-law gave me. I have wanted one for a while and was so excited to get it. Thanks Michelle!



On Friday we went to the Gateway after we got off work and grabbed a bite at Hot Dog on a Stick and then I got to go shopping for some new clothes. My dad sent me some money for my birthday and I chose to get clothes. Duh. Chad also got to get some seat covers for the Jeep. On his birthday he let me buy something so I had to return the favor. Well not had, wanted to return the favor. After shopping we went to see Terminator: Salvation. It was awesome! I am so not a Terminator fan, especially if Arnold is in it, but this one was soooo good. Christian Bale was good as usual but so were everyone else. It was just good all around. I highly recommend it.

Chad also treated me to a spa day! On Saturday I went to Remedez in the University Mall in Provo. My sister and I got pedicures together first and then I got an hour massage after that! It was heavenly. Thanks babe...I love you.

I had an awesome birthday weekend thanks to my wonderful husband who really spoiled me (It's nice getting spoiked once and a while!) and my wonderful family!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Clair! I am so glad you had such a great birthday. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete