Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Camping in Spanish Fork Canyon

In April Chad and I decided to plan a camping trip on Memorial Day Weekend. We originally wanted to go to Moab but that didn't really pan out so we decided upon a campground up Spanish Fork Canyon called Diamond Campground. And we were so glad we went there because it was a really beautiful place to camp. Here are a few pictures of the drive up the canyon to the campground. I love Spanish Fork canyon. It really is one of my favorite canyons in this area.


This cute little stream/river ran along the whole canyon

And this was our campsight. It was actually really nice. There were a ton of trees and bushed around so the guys rigged up a huge tent over our main camping area with some tarps we had brought. It worked out really nice because it ended up raining about 50% of the time we were there. It started on Saturday and rained a lot Saturday night. It also rained Sunday afternoon off and on and Sunday nght off and on. Of course we had perfect weather on Monday...the day we left. Oh well!



I tried to get a few pictures to document just how much it rained. They aren't the greatest but they will do. We left some cups out one night and in the morning they were filled at least 2 inches. It rained a lot! But Chad and I really didn't mind it. I actually liked it. Our tent stayed nice and dry and the sound of the rain on the tent at night was actually really comforting. It also stayed pretty cool and didn't get really hot which was nice. As you can see in the picture below some of the tarps were pretty old and leaked. More than a few times I walked in a certain place and received a nice drip of water in my eye or down my back.

This is Andrew and Lorna during breakfast the first month. This was at like 7:30 so we were all still half asleep.
Brittney and Hannah after breakfast on Saturday. Brittney looking, Hannah not...

Hannah looking, Brittney not...

My cute hubby playing frisbee. He is still a kid at heart. Thats why I love him!

This picture was right after we finished lunch on Saturday.




Saturday night we all roasted marshmallows and made smores. It really wouldn't be camping without doing that. Chad really likes his roasted mallow.




Johnny and Lorna fixing us lunch on Sunday. Thanks guys!

Chad and Lily waiting patiently for lunch to be done on Sunday. Lily was really good the whole weekend. She is such a fun little girl to be around.

Sunday afternoon/night it started rainging again and started to get colder. Lily had to put her big coat on because it got so cold.

Lorna and Lily. I just thought this picture was so cute!

Overall it was a really fun camping trip and Chad and I really enjpyed ourselves. Although at the end of the three days I was definitely ready to use a toilet that didn't have a breeze when you sat on it (they had toilets that were basically a hole in the ground. It was a somewhat nicer porter potty. At least they didn't smell to bad. Most of the time though I just preferred to pee in the bushes! Too much information? Sorry.) I was also really ready for a hot shower, good home cooked food and my comfortable bed. Camping is fun but not for longer than 3 days. That is my max.

4 comments:

  1. I love camping and I so want to take Ayla camping when she is a little older. Kurt hates it, so I think we might have tag along with other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. honestly, it is pretty good. i tasted the chicken terryaki or whatever it was, and it was good. especially for food storage. if you guys are interested you should email jason and he can get you a sample! or i can get you his phone number or something.

    by the way, i love your blog. even though i don't comment a lot i am always stalking you. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you finally posted about your camping trip! Sucks you had crappy weather but glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh fun! i'm sad we couldn't go, next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete