Friday, April 9, 2010

Snuggling on the Couch

These are the kings of our couches lately.
Chad has been forced to lay down a lot lately due to his back injury from the car crash.
and Oliver...
well, Oliver is there for moral support.

Oliver will also provide any snuggling, face licking and comforting looks that we might need when we don't feel good.

For a small fee of dog treats and belly rubs of course.

He also doesn't mind the occasional cat to chase or neighbor to bark at...if the treats and belly rubs aren't available that is.

It is my opinion that pets know when you are sick or feeling blue. It is also my opinion that Heavenly Father gave them that ability and that one of their purposes is to make us feel better.

That of course is simply my opinion. All I know is that Oliver is a really fun, loving dog who makes our house a little happier.

3 comments:

  1. I totally believe that pets are there to comfort us. I had a cat that would not go near you but when I was depressed and crying on my bed, that same cat was right there next to me and that was the first time I bonded with that cat. Animals have feeling and they love to share their love with us. We could learn a lot from their unconditional love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good little guy Olive is to comfort Chad! I remember Cleo used to lay with me when I was sick in high school! I hope Chad gets feeling better, I think aabout him all the time and pray he gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dog is so cute!! Feel better soon Chad :)

    PS you can use our canner any time you want. You only need a water bath canner for most fruit (like peaches) and I have one of those too. It's super easy to do.

    ReplyDelete