Friday, April 16, 2010

Dreaming of May




May is a good month. A great month really.
It's the first month usually where it starts to get really warm in CA.
It is the start of summer.
It means, shorts, boating trips and watermelon!
Maybe even some harvesting from my garden? Not sure about that one...
And...May just so happens to be the month I was born in.
It was a close call, just a few mored days and it would have been June. But obviously I was meant to be a May baby.
Sooo...in light of my birthday being only a month or so away (May 28th)...I thought I would dream up a wishlist (This post may or may not be a hint to my husband).


1) Tickets to the Fray concert. We have already seen them twice and I am determined to make it a third. They play at the Ironstone Ampitheater on June 18th. We WILL be going, mark my words. They are AMAZING live.
2) Gerald Lund's (Author of the Work and the Glory Series) new book: The Undaunted. This author always produces a good book.
3) Shorts- These beauties from Downeast basic definitely need to be added to my collection of long shorts.
4) Chad and I have ALWAYS wanted a Christus, but they are a little pricey. This one is on SALE however @ Deseret Books. It would look beautiful on our bookshelf next to our temple and the framed Family Proclamation.
5) Deseret Book is also selling this beautiful set of classic books. You know my obsession with classics lately, well this set includes MANY of my favorites that I would love to add to my collectoin. The books that are included in the set are: Little Women, Pride and Prejudice, Ann of Green Gables, The Secret Garden, Jane Eyre, Emma, Sense and Sensibility and the Scarlet Pimpernel.




Hurry up and get here already May!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list! It will come in handy for your graduation/birthday present! Maybe I should make a list...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of things going on in May too! I can't wait for May! I

    I think those shorts are so cute! I want a pair!

    ReplyDelete