Thursday, April 8, 2010

The finish line is in sight

Finished my last class...Check
Ordered my cap and gown... Check.
Ordered and recieved my graduation announcements...Check.
(Will be sending those out soon.)
Journey to Utah on May 7th planned...Check.
Now May 7th just needs to hurry up and get here so I can graduate!
I think my graduation date being so soon seems so surreal because I have had a few months in between finishing my last class and the actual ceremony.
A few times I have almost forgotten that I am done.
I think walking the stage and getting my diploma will help seal the deal and make it less surreal.
I would have a hard time NOT walking and still feel like I am done.
Have any of you not walked?
How did you ever feel like you were done?

So I am getting excited counting down the days until I can see these faces(obviously I am not excited about seeing my own face but rather the two beautiful faces pictured next to me):
And I guess I should say, since this is what the post is about, I am also excited to see this(view of the University of Utah):

Because that view holds this building. And this building may not look like much but it is the place I will be walking the stage (in the $60 graduation attire I will only wear once to recieve a piece of paper that says I am a college graduate). So really it is an important building and deserves to be pictured.

So let's see if I can wait a month more to do something I have been waiting 4 years to do.
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.
That's what I'll keep telling myself.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for you to come too! Only one more month to go! I can't believe you are GRADUATING COLLEGE! HELLO! HUGE DEAL IN OUR FAMILY! I look up to so much in that way, you are my example when it comes to being disciplined in the acedemic department:) Also I am so glad you like Parenthood as much as I do. I knew you would! ANd I love your garden boxes at mom's, very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might be at your graduation. My sister is graduating that same day there. She is getting her nursing degree the day before and isn't sure she wants to walk. I am trying to talk her into it because it has been a long journey for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of your accomplishments Clair.

    ReplyDelete