Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Why I love the people in my life

I have an awesome family and I think I have realized it more since being away from (most of) them for two years. And of course I really miss the people I am away from now, like my sister Nichole and her family. Lately, I have realized just how lucky I am to have wonderful people in my life, whether near or far away. Let me recap the last week and a half or so and tell you why I love my family:

A few weekends go, the 11-13 was filled with time with my mom, step-dad and little sister.

1) Saturday morning Chad and I drove to the Oakland temple with my mom and Stepdad. It is so nice having the gospel in common with them. We talked on the way there and listened to some church music to get in the peaceful mood of the temple. I love going to the temple. It's the one place on the earth that you can experience a little piece of heaven. It is quiet and filled with the spirit. It only makes it more special when we get to share the experienc with the family we love so much. So thanks to mom and Tracy for going with us.

2) When we got home, my mom and I started on sewing some new pants for me. We bought fabric probably over a month ago and just had time to start using it! My mom is a very talented seamstress and it is so fun learing how to sew from her. Thanks mom!

3) On that Saturday night my little sister came over to hang out with Chad and I for a few hours while my mom and stepdad went dancing. We made grilled cheese and cookies and watched her silly pre-teen shows, I think it was called I Carly, or something along those lines. It was silly but cute. Mostly I just love knowing that my little sister is still just that. She isn't quite in her teens yet and while she is starting to mature physicaly and mentally she is still young and innocent. I love that best about her. She is also jsut fun to be around. We had fun together as sisters.

4) That same night another family member came to the rescue and again made me realize just how awesome my family is. My dad has been letting us use his Jeep Wrangler until we can afford to buy a second car. Well the started died on Friday the 11th after my brother took it to our cabin. We were broke (whats new?) and so my dad paid for the part. I love him! And not just because he will pay for car parts but more becuase he has taught me growing up that you always help your family if you can and do it without complaining because they are family. He is a constant reminder of how to do it right. Thanks dad!

5) And I can't forget to mention that my wonderful husband spent that same Saturday night installing our new starter. I love that he is so good with cars and fixing things around the house. It makes my life a lot easier and less stressful. Thanks babe. l

6) Also recently my brother Cody took me and Chad out to eat. He offered to foot the bill. How nice is he? I have been so happy to be able to spend more time with my brother since we moved back.

7) Just a few days ago my mom posted a really nice blog about me. It almost brought me to tears it was so nice. Check it out here. Love you mom.

8) Lastly a shout out to my sister in Lehi, UT. She is always so good about keeping her blog updated so that I can see picture of the most adorable niece on the planet. I pretty much tear up whenever I think about her and when I think about the fact that I am missing so much in her little life. But the pictures do help. My sister is also so good about calling me. We talk every week, sometimes more than once.

I think so. So Nichole, Chase and Brielle: I love you and miss you every day. Thanks for being the best sister, brother-in-law and niece I could hope for (even when you are in Utah).

I think that just about covers it. I have a really good family and it is so nice to be near them again. I used to never want to live in Modesto, especially when I left for college. But now that I am back I don't want to leave. Life is good, thanks to my family.

Of course I have a wondrful second family, the Bringhursts, who should also be mentioned. But that will be in another post, another time. Just didn't want them to feel left out :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment