Monday, December 21, 2009

Happy Weekend

It was a happy weekend. The first picture is actually from two weekends ago but it was a happy weekend too so I figured I would include it in this post. We went to Oakland to go to the temple. A friend of ours was going through the temple for the first time so we went to go through with her. We actually missed the session they were on because we got told the wrong time, but it all ended up ok. My mom and stepdad went with us. I always love going to the temple with them. It is always a good experience.


Reasons why I was happy this weekend...

Friday was just a good day. Just one of those days I was really happy to begin with and it just got better and better. First, Chad and I both got really good Christmas bonuses on Friday.
Then I come home and find my wonderful husband cleaning our dirty kitchen. It was spotless when he was done. That made me almost as happy as the bonus..almost. But it really does make a wife happy to have a clean kitchen and to not have had to clean it!


That is clean...

Then we went to a nativity play that my Mom's ward put on. We went becuause my little sister Ariana was Mary. They did a really good job. It was cute.

Then after the nativity we went Christmas shopping! We also bought some clothes with our bonus. I know its Christmas, but we're both so picky about clothes that we don't really try to pick out clothes as Christmas' presents.

Then Saturday morning we got up bright and early and drove to Fresno for this lovely couples wedding. Jessica is Chad's cousin and this is her now husband Steve.


I love seeing just (as in 5 minutes ago) married couples. I don't think you ever look happier in your life than the moment you come out of the temple. I just love the pure joy. It's fun to be there and experience it with them. The sealing ceremony was just beautiful.

Us after the sealing.

Chad's sister Emily was a bridesmaid. Aren't the dresses cute? She got them from J-Crew!
The reception was at a building in Fresno. It was really beautiful. The room had recently been remodled and this was only the second event that had been held there. They had a live band too...you can kinda see in the stage in the picture below. It was really fun having the live music.

Jake being silly...they had these bells on the table that you ring to get the bride and groom to kiss. Jake used them as earings.
Cutting the cake...
Group picture. We were so glad all of us could go.

Hopefully I will have a happy few days before Christmas in addition to an awesome weekend. So far my Monday is going good. Plus we only have 3 workdays so I really don't see how this week could be bad (knock on wood). Hopefully I'll post again before Christmas but if not I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great weekend, both of them!

    I love the picture of you guys at the top. Cute!

    ReplyDelete