Sunday, April 24, 2011

A thief in the night

Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night and think you hear someone in the house?
Maybe you swore you heard the door open or someone bang something in the kitchen...
Well earlier this week Chad and I had this experience.
It was about 10:30 pm. We had only been asleep for about 15 or 20 minutes.
We were the only ones in the house.
I tear myself from a deep slumber because I hear a weird ripping noise coming from the kitchen which is right outside our room.
I wake chad up...Do you hear that? What is that? Did Jake come home? Is he in the kitchen making something?
Chad replies still half asleep. Yeah that's Jake....
Are you sure....
No I don't think that's Jake...
Chad gets out of bed once we realize Something besides Jake is mere feet from our room where our baby is slumbering.
At this point I'm thinking there is an intruder. It has to be... What else could it be?
I'm shaking and scared for Chad.
He is such a man. He wanders out of our room in his garments with no weapon, not even a baseball bat (side note: we will now be keeping a baseball bat by our bed after this experience).
He stands outside our door listening for what seems like forever. Probably only about 10 seconds.
The noise stops.
Chad tells me after wards he is thinking at this point that someone is crouching down in the kitchen waiting to spring on him.
When suddenly this guy walks out of the kitchen...

A big, bad dachshund named Oliver.
Terrifying really.
I mean look how terrified that chickens are of him. They are fleeing in terror.

Who wouldn't be afraid of this guy?

Turns out the ripping noise was Oliver getting into the trash.
Don't you just love dogs?

3 comments:

  1. Ha ha! That is why I can never have a dog, it will give me a heart attack in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious! You've got yourself one vicious protector there. Well, he'll protect the garbage.....gotta love him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would scare the daylights out of me! I am glad it was Oliver!! I think stuff like that become more scarier when you have a child! I don't have the nerves I once had!

    ReplyDelete