Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Month of May

Blog...It's been too long. I'm sorry. I have really missed you. I have missed writing my innermost feeling and concerns on your pages. I have missed posting pictures of my terribly exciting life (ok mostly of my dog). And mostly I think Chad is getting tired of being my outlet for my thought so I have FINALLY resorted to become a blogger again.
May was busy and so my blog was neglected. But never again will I go that long withough blogging (hopefully, no promises).
May brought a lot of change. Good change. Exciting change.
Modesto started to warm up. A little. Enough to plant some flowers and BBQ. I planted the flowers, Chad BBQed. Oliver watched and relished the sun. He loved to lay on the patio in the sun or really anywhere in the sun.




May also brought my college graduation. I have a Bachelor's degree. It feels...pretty dang good but also slightly less exciting now that it's over. I am sooo glad that I decided to walk. It helped give it a "real" feeling and a sort of closure.If nothing else comes out of the hard work I put into my bachelor's degree I am least proud to have the title and the knowledge that comes with it. I also hope to put that knowledge to good use. But that will come in time.
This is what Chad did during the rather long ceremony: take pictures of our adorable niece and nephew. Jill (Chad's sister) braved the ceremony with two children by herself. What a sister-in-law! And the children provided the entertainment for the sometimes boring parts. And he also managed to snap a picture of me waiting in line to get my diploma. You see that tiny antlike person in the middle of the picture. Thats me!
John Huntsman Jr. spoke in the opening ceremony for all of the 7,000+ graduates. It was a really inspiring speech. Then the individual schools (I was in the college of Humanities) broke off and hand the ceremonies where we got our diploma (holders).




I am so blessed with a wonderful family. My dad and stepmom traversed the 12 hour drive to come see me graduate! As well as my Mom, stepdad and Ariana. They too sacrifice a boring drive across Nevada to be with me for my special day.
Luckily my sister Nichole, sister-in-law Jill, my Grandma and Grandpa Hill and my Grandma Adams all live in Utah so they only made a small commute. But I was none the less happy to have them there!

And my wonderful husband. He has been such a support through my last few years of college. I think that many times a woman's education gets put on the backburner for important reasons such as family. And while the thought to put my school on hold and let Chad finish first might have crossed my mind a few times, he never would have let me. He knew how important it was for me to finish and was the one who always worked full time to support us and sometimes took classes as well so that I could work part time and attend school full time. I love my husband so much!
And after the ceremony we all (yes, moms, dads, steps and grandparents got together for me!) gathered at Nichole's house for some food and visiting. What a lovely family if I do say so myself.
May also brings my birthday. And a lot of years, like this one, my birthday falls on Memorial Day weekend so I get a nice long weekend to relax and enjoy my birthday. Yay for being 22! I got off work at 1 on Friday, which was my actual birthday. I left the office with a few balloons (which Oliver hated or was afraid of) and a Edible Arrangements that Chad had delivered. I've always wanted one. Then I went home and Chad and I took our exercised deprived dog on a much needed walk in the park. It was a beautiful day. That night Chad and I went to dinner with my dad, stepmom, brother and Bryan(sort of a brother figure?) at Outback. Of course I was not smart enough to get a picture.
Saturday was filled with sleeping in, running errands, meeting up with my best friend Blair from high school for a pedicure and a BBQ with some old friends from high school. Chad helped my stepdad put a new roof on their house all day. That night Chad and I went and saw Price of Persia. It was really good. Recommend it to anyone.
Sunday was filled with energized five years olds in Primary and then Sunday afternoon we drove up the cabin for a overnighter. We hadn't been in a few months and luckily there was still some snow to enjoy with the snowmobils.
So we took a long ride in jeans and snowboots and sweatshirts. The weather was beautiful and there was still a good 4 to 5 feet of snow once you got farther up the mountain. It was just Chad and I and my dad for this trip and it was just what the doctor ordered. The mountains are so relaxing and refreshing. The only downside was the fact that I could barely walk the day after our snowmobile trip. Every muscle in my body was sore. Maybe I should get in shape? Maybe.

Lastly, for your viewing pleasure: Oliver meets the windshield wipers on our drive home from the cabin. (Our drive took us about twice as long as it normally does because of all the Memorial day traffic. So this little video gave us a good break from the boredom and a really good laugh!)

Thanks May for being so good to us. Can't wait till you come again next year.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog Clair! So glad you are back to posting again. Congratulations on your graduation!! I love the pics of Oliver - he's the cutest doggie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratultaions on Graduation Clair. It is alot of work, you deserve praise. Now Grandma was telling me some news on you..Yes?!!! Love, Shari

    ReplyDelete