Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Spring Creations

I've already posted a lot about our garden but I had one more thing I just couldnt' resist posting. Watermelon vines tend to take over EVERYTHING in site. They weave together and grow very large. Because of this, I hadn't even noticed the baby watermelon's growing until Friday afternoon. I was thrilled to say the least. Watermelon is one of my favorite fruits and I can't wait until they are full grown. Aren't these guys just the cutest?


You know what else is cute? This little guy/girl...

I must say that I am more partial towards that latter. Afterall, this creation is growing INSIDE of me, so it defnitely has the upper hand on the baby watermelons.
Chad and I are soooo excited to be having our first baby. It wasn't necessarily planned but we were ready to start our family so we were thrilled to find out. I am about 14 weeks along right now and we had our first Dr. Appt last Tuesday. The nurse/midwife said everything was looking really good and we got to see our baby for the first time. It was a humbling/amazing/overwhelming experience that neither Chad or I will ever forget. Going to the doctors appointment I thought I was only about 11 weeks but judging from the size of the baby, the nurse/midwife said I was about 13 weeks. So that puts my due date at December 28th! Possibly a Christmas baby, we shall see.
I was sick for the first few weeks after finding out but the last few weeks haven't been too bad. I still have my occasional wave of nausea that comes out of nowhere but that doesn't happen too often. As long as I keep my body well fed I am fine. I do feel tired as well but that is starting to go away too.
We still don't know if it is a boy or girl and probably won't find out for another month or so. But we are slowly preparing ourselves for this change and it is going very well. We certainly have even more to look forward to this Christmas.

8 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute little peanut! I can't wait to find out what you are having! I don't know why but my guy tells me it is a boy. And I will have you know I have always been right 100% of the time when I have had a gut feeling in the past about friends or family... so I guess we will find out! Glad you are doing so well. Keep eating well and taking care of your body, your baby appreciates it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you guys!! That is so awesome for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh! Clair that is so exciting!!! Congratulations, I'm sure you will be an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YYYYAAAAAYYYYYY! Another little cousin.... I'm excited! Congratulations! You two will be AMAZING parents. Can't wait to find out what you're having. I'm guessing a girl. Our little Molly will need a friend :)We love you guys!
    Shauni

    ReplyDelete
  5. GAH! congratulations!!!! i'm sooo excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY!!! Congratulations you guys! I am so excited for you. Another little cousin running around will be so much fun. I hope that you keep feeling well Clair! Hooray for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a few posts behind and clearly missed the big announcement. Congrats!!! Glad to hear you are feeling a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations you two! We had no idea you were pregnant -what a choice blessing :)

    ReplyDelete