Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The day that changed my life

Warning: This post is 100% (okay maybe 80%) sarcas/joking.

Friday my life changed. I was introduced to my baby...I mean my iPhone. Yes...I recieved the wonderful gift that is the iPhone. I can't remember what it was like not to stare into the carefully protected face...I mean screen of my baby...I mean iPhone.
It keeps me up at night...because I want to turn the light on and see if I have any messages or updates for my many apps. But I don't care that I lose sleep because in the morning when I hold it in my hands again before I leave for work I remember why I love it so much.

It is in one sentnce...the most wonderful thing that has come into my life (ok maybe except Chad...I will let you know in another week or so).

It might be a little more expensive to have in my life...what with the diapers and bottles...I mean Data Plan and screen protectors. But lets be real...what child...I mean iPhone isn't going to add a little strain to your wallet?

All I know is that I love it and I now that I have experienced it's presence in my life for a whole week...I don't know how I could live without it. How would someone get through life without their right arm let alone their iPhone?

It has so many uses...it is not just a phone. Oh not just a phone at all. I can check my email and read my favorite blogs. Or I can scroll on over to my facebook app and see who dumped who and what so and so had for breakfast (because lets be real...that's all anyone uses Facebook for anymore).

Or I can click on my grocery app and check my shopping list.

Or I can summon my Shazam app awake and it can tell me what that song on the radio is that I have been dying to know about.

I can even pull my LDS Library app and read my scriptures. Awww. I know.

"Is there anything your iPhone can't do Clair?" you ask.

"No," is my reply. No. No. No. I truly get why they say, "There is an app for that." Because there is.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Okay it's me again...some crazy lady that was comparing babies and iPhones briefly took my blog hostage. But now she is gone and it's just me again. Oh hey, did you guys know I got an iPhone.

6 comments:

  1. Clair, you are HILARIOUS! Congratulations on your new addition! ;) We're going to get iPhones as soon as our tax return gets deposited in our account, and I am SOOOO excited!!! I've already made a list of all the apps I want. You'll have to let me know which ones you like the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurt wants one of those. Wow, it can do a lot! I love how you did this post. You are too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was funny- genius funny and my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA HA! That was so freakin funny! Yeah I am for sure jealous of your iphone!

    ReplyDelete