Monday, October 26, 2009

Stress = Happy??

Ok so before I explain let me just say that this stress I refer to only applies to Chad and I. Oliver has no stress whatsoever in his life. He gets everything handed to him on a Silver Platter. Maybe it's because he is a dog? A really cute puppy? My favorite dog? Whatever the reason, we spoil him shamelessly like he is our child or something. But he does make life more fun and happy. Here is his new bed and new toy:
Here is him not sleeping in his new bed but on our pillow next to his new bed. Again, no stress. He can do whatever he wants.
Sleeping again. See a pattern? If I could sleep all day and do nothing I would surely have a stress-free life as well. And yes sometimes he really does sleep like this- on his back with legs sprawling eveywhere. It's adorable.
And now, for the stress part of this post. Below: stress. Lots of papers, lot of phone calls, lot of apartments to look at. Any ideas what the stress is all about? You got it, apartment hunting = lots of stress.


Applications = lots of stress? Why do you need the last 9 years of living arrangements and addresses? Why do you need my mothers maiden name, my favorite color and my bosses birthday? Ok, so I may be exaggerating a little, but it sure feels like leasing applications ask you just about every question they can think of .

But despite this stress, we have managed to find some happiness. This happiness comes packed in 900 sqaure feet of beautiful tan walls with two bedrooms, one bathroom, a laundry room and a very spacious newly remodeled kitchen. We finally have our own place!! Happiness. More happiness. Who cares about the stress? It was so worth it to have a place to call our own. Not only do we have our own apartment now, (that by the way is twice as big as our previous apartment and oh so much nicer) but we can do whatever we want in it. We can walk around in our underwear now (don't pretend to be offened- you would do this too if you lived by yourself). We don't have to worry about Oliver peeing on someone else's floor and discovering it a couple days too late. We don't have to worry about scheduling a time to do our laundry. And I can sleep in peace knowing my food in the refrigerator is not getting eaten, unless it's chad doing the eating.
So...it's nice to have our own place. And really, it wasn't that bad living with Chad's parents. They were saints to let us live in their house for so long with so many other people there as well. Thanks to Michelle and Tony and all of Chad's siblings for putting up with us and Oliver. We really really appreciate it and love you guys even more!

And now a tour...by the way, we just moved in yesterday...it is not clean or organized so forgive the boxes.

Master bedroom
Walk in closet! Yay!

Spare Room
Bathroom
Laundry Area

Kitchen



Dining Room
Living Room




And on another note...this is a little craft project Chad's mom has been teaching me and his sister's. She does this kind of thing all the time and is really talented, so she decided to let is make some of our own stuff. I will show you the finished product when it is done.



4 comments:

  1. how exciting!!! having your own space is the BEST!!! it looks super nice...have fun. we miss you guys.
    shauni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a cute apartment =) Where is it? I don't think I looked at those when apartment hunting. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new place. That is so exciting. It looks like a great apartment.

    I loved the beginning of this post about stress free. Oliver is so funny. LOL. I love that you got him a bed and he is sleeping on the pillow next to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! Looks like an awesome apt! Can't wait to talk

    ReplyDelete