Sunday, October 11, 2009

Learning to sew

My mother is a master seamstress...and I'm not just saying that because she is my mom. She really is awesome. Here are some dresses she has done...

My wedding dress


My sister's wedding dress

My sister-in-law's wedding dress
So in light of my mom's amazing sewing abilities and the fact that I can't even sew a button back on a shirt...I decided it was time to get some sewing lessons from my mom. I picked out a few dresses I wanted to make and we went to a fabric store in Turlock and got some fabric that would work well.

And then we started sewing... this is the top and bottom part of a dress we're making. It is turning out really good and I am excited to be able to wear something that I sewed myself.


Sewing the pleats in the top in the above picture.
Ironing is a big part of sewing.

I probably won't ever be the seamstress my mother is but at least I will know how to sew on a button now!

4 comments:

  1. Sewing is so much fun. My first project I did was an apron which I am so proud of. Good luck and have fun! It is addicting though just fyi ;)

    Oh, and when you're done you need to post a picture the dress and you in it =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a compliment! A master seamstress! ..and never say never...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the other name....I forgot to sign out of my 'web work' clients account. It's MOm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom is talented. I can't wait to see the dresses you make. I like sewing. I'm not the greatest at it but I love it when I get done with something and see the final product.

    ReplyDelete