Friday, November 20, 2009

What do critics know anyway?

Do critics ever give a good review? Okay, maybe they like movies in other languages or movies that only hit the film festivles, but do they EVER like main stream movies? It seems like the only movies that ever get good reviews from film critics are rated R movies full of sex, drugs and swearing or weird movies that no one would watch on a regular day. Film critics wouldn't know a good movie if it hit them in the face! It's in their job description...no wait it's in their title!...to be CRITICAL. get it critic...critical. So they will always be critical. It's like even if they saw a movie and thought "this was the best movie ever" they have to write "it was ok."
Okay so you might be thinking to yourself, "what has spurred this sudden anger all of the sudden?" New Moon. Yep. I haven't even seen it yet, but I know it will be good. Twilight wasn't all I wished it would be but it was still good. So I am counting on New Moon to be better and I think it will. Just from the previews it looks better than Twilight. And it can't hurt that there's a new director right? Even if its not that great, I won't care. The Twilight books are great and that's why I'm seeing the movie. Even if the movie isn't what I pictured in my head its still fun to see someone else's interpretation. So I don't care that only 30% of critics on rotten tomato liked New Moon. What do they know? Have they even read the books? Probably not.
That is the LAST time I look at reviews BEFORE i go see a movie. Bright Side? I'm so mad at the critics for not liking New Moon that there is probably a very slim chance that I myself won't like it. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself! Only 2 more hours till I get off work (yes I'm being bad and taking a short 5 minute, much needed break to rant on my blog during work) and then two more to wait in the line to get a good seat (hopefully). California really needs to invest in assigned seating theaters like Salt Lake has. I miss them.
Moral of my rant? Critics suck and New Moon doesn't! (Well I think it doesn't but I'll let you know for sure later. Here's to hoping it doesn't).

3 comments:

  1. Amen. Kurt told me about Rotten Tomato first thing when he got home today. I was not happy about that too. I said funny thing is that they gave it a bad review and yet look what movie is bringing in the most money. Ha,Ha!

    I am really sad today because I couldn't go to the movie and to the party I was supposed to go to. I came down with the Swine Flu and I am not over it yet. I probably wont see it until next weekend. Sucks for me. I sure it is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see New Moon! Chase even said he was sort of excited to see it because this one will have vampire vs. werewolf fights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you probably don't want to read my blog then :) But I am not exactly a fan of the books...hehe. So how are you guys? I bet your'e loving life in California now that winter is approaching, it snowed today.

    ReplyDelete