Monday, November 23, 2009

Reading Rut


I need some help. I am in a reading rut! I tend to just read my favorite books over and over and don't ever branch out into anything new. Last night I started reading Twilight again. The movie totally made me want to read them over and its been about a year since I read them last so I decided to start them over. And I am not the kind of person that likes to start a series in the middle so I started with Twilight even though New Moon is fresh in my head.


So I imagine that those will take me a few weeks to finish and I want to read something NEW when I am done with those. Not new in the sense that the book just came out but new as in I've never read it before. So please, please comment on this blog and leave me some book suggestions. I am into really any kinds of books. I do have one that I want to read called Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. I'm pretty sure that is also a series (not sure how many books thought, at least 2). That book is literally the only one on my list of books to read after the Twlight series. So give me suggestions.

I hate being in this reading rut. I am normally the kind of person who always has a book in her hand but lately I haven't and I want to be that book nerd again. I LOVE reading and I really love reading a new book and loving it so much that I want to permanently add it to my book collection. And there are so many books out there that I haven't read yet and I am never sure how to find those good books. So kindly leave your book suggestion and I will forever be indebted to you. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks is a really good one. I know what ya mean though. I just started New Moon for the second time.
    Well good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Read The Mortal Instruments series! There are 3!

    But before then, read Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. You will love me for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any suggestions sorry. I not a big reader. I usually will read stuff that people suggest. I started reading Twilight again too. I haven't seen New Moon yet but I will tomorrow, Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have tons of books you could read. I know how it feels to be in a reading rut. I am in one myself. For chirtsmas I wrote down a huge list of books i wanted. here are some books I would like to reccomend to you:

    Annie Freeman's Fabulous Traveling Funeral by Kris Radish

    Chicken Soup for the Latter-Day Saint Soul

    The Autobiography of Santa Claus As told to Jeff Guinn

    Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World by Vicki Myron

    The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs

    The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale

    I probably have tons more, btu I can't think of them at the top of my head. If I think of anymore I'll make another comment. =)

    P.S. If you have any books you would like to reccomend to me, please feel free to comment on one of my blogs or email me at randerson1909@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of my favortie books: Secret Life of Bees, The Five People you Meet in Heaven, The Confession of a Shopoholic series (if you want to laugh), The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks and The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lord of the Rings (we have 2 paperback sets)

    ReplyDelete