Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ramble time...

I haven't posted in a while and I hate when it's been weeks and I have nothing new to post about. So this will be one big long ramble about everything that has been going on in our lives.

1. Tonight Chad and I will be going to a Giant's game. I am not a super sports fan but I do like going to a live game once and a while. Notice...live...game...I DO NOT like watching sports on TV. It just bores me...everyone in our household loves watching sports on TV so I have been around it a lot lately and its not my favorite, but I am excited about the game tonight. Chad's dad managed to score 12 tickets from someone at work so the whole gang is headed to San Fran after work. Yay!

2. We are finally going to the temple on Friday and we are really excited. We haven't been since we moved and it has been way too long. We can always feel a difference in our lives when we haven't been to the temple. What makes it even greater is the fact that we are going with our families. Yes...plural. Bobby & Emily, Michelle & Tony (chad's parents) & Tracy & Tracy (my parents) are all going.

3. It has been so wonderful to be in California and so near to our families. We spend every day with at least one of our family members. We live with Chad's parents right now to we see a lot of his family. Never a dull moment, thats for sure. We also spend a lot of time with my Dad, stepmom Micki, and brother Cody.

We have eaten out together...Fresh Choice...it's a buffett style restaurant. That was a funny experience to say the least. Right after we got there a bus load of European travelers came in. Yeah so let me just tell you about one guy and you will understand the humor in the situation. He was wearing very short cut off jeans with a tank top and a fanny pack. Enough said.
We also went to a very interesting store in a neaby city one saturday with my dad and micki. It was a sort of Mexican outdoor decore and pottery store. Hard to explain. But Micki got some cool decorative suns to put in the backyard. My dad and Micki have recently been doing some long needed landscaping and it looks really fantastic. I will have to post some pictures of it later. For now here is Oliver playing/biting the water/sprinklers in my dads front yard.






We also see my mom, stepdad and sister Ariana a lot too. I go to my mom's house for lunch often because I work only minutes away. It has been nice to just spend time with her a little each day and talk and catch up. We haven't been able to do that in a couple years so its great. We also go to their house every other Monday for FHE.
I taught the lesson last night and I just thought I would share my lesson. I based it around Luke 7:47: Wherfore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little. Just think about it...it is pretty cool.
What i've missed about California...

(soooo good)
(okay, so they have this in Utah...but people look at you weird if you drink Starbucks in Utah)

I've definitely missed other things...just can't think of them now but these two were on my mind.

I will definitely post more soon...Our Giants game adventure and our trip to the temple. Oh and we will be going to Monterey in another couple weeks and will also be seeing Brand New (my favorite band) in concert that same weekend...so definitely look foreward to that...I know I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment