Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Digging, sleeping and eating

A few thing we did this weekend...it was a relaxing fun weekend.

We dug in the front yard...ok Oliver dug in the front yard and we watched. And when I say front yard I mean my dad's front yard. Side note: My dad hasn't had grass in his front yard for oh about 8 or 9 years now. Literally. I guess it just got pushed on the back burner and stayed there for a while. Well I think Micki finally had enough so they are getting grass! So Saturday my dad and brother put a whole bunch of new top siol in the front yard along with a new Olive tree to also be planted in the front yard. Chad, Olive and I were there when they brought the tree home. Oliver smelled something on the bottom of the planter that the olive tree was planted in and started digging furiously to find it. He got dirty but he had so much fun. It was his first digging experience and I hope it won't get to out control in the future when we have our own yard for him to dig in.






We also slept. duh. We usually do that everyweekend. I just decided to blog about it now because Oliver is very cute when he is wrapped in a blanket trying to sleep. He is probably a little annoyed with me flashing bright lights in his eyes trying to get the perfect picture. He looks a little annoyed...the one eye open thing gave it away for me.


We also ate...or rather dined. Unfortunately Oliver had an appointment in his cage for this one so he was not able to make it. We really hadn't seen my dad's side of the family since we moved back so we all decided to go to dinner together. From left to right: Unlce Ken, Aunt Debbie, Cody, Micki, Dad, Chad, Me, Aunt Sue and Unlce Dave. I love my family. We spent the night eating great Italian Food at Strings and laughing hysterically at funny things everyone was saying. They really are great family and I am so glad to be back in Modesto so we can have these get together more often!















3 comments:

  1. Oliver is truly you little one. You can tell how much you love him. He is really cute!

    Glad you got to hang out with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner looked fun! Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of your family. Oliver is such a cute dog. Are you two all settled in, in California?

    ReplyDelete