Friday, July 17, 2009

Out with the old, in with the new!

So I guess you really couldn't consider these couches old because we have only had them for a year. But the couch was starting to get a little wear and tear (they must have been cheap when we bought them) and so we really wanted to get rid of them while we could. So we put em up on craigslist and sold them the next day. We got a pretty good amount out of them and only had to out minimal money down on the new couches. So all and all it was really great. So here are the old ones:

And here are the new ones! This is only the love seat, the couch we had to get a minor repair on so I couldn't get a picture of it yet, but just imagine it looks exactly like the love seat except a little bigger! They aren't leather altough they kinda look like it. But we love them! They are so much more confotable and bigger than the others.

And here is an art project I did the other day. I have a pretty big jewelry collection, its one of my addictions and you will find jewelry all around the house. So I decided to make my own jewelry holder of sorts. I have seen them before and decided to just make my own. It wasn't very hard. The board is just a corkboard. So here it is done:

And here it is with my jewelry. Works really well and I actually have somewhere to put it all now!

4 comments:

  1. wow! look at all that fun jewelry. Looks like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...wish I had enough jewelry to do that =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute couches! it's fun to get new stuff! i cant wait to see you guys. you are coming to amanda's wedding, right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you sold your couches so fast! The jewelry holder is awesome. Kaia and I were shopping today and we were looking at purses. I was telling her of your jewelry and purse'obsession', I mean collection....
    You are a colorful person, Clair. never change.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete