Friday, March 6, 2009

Cody's Gone... : (

So my brother is officially on his mission. My whole family took him into the MTC on Wednesday about noon. We sang "Called to Serve" and the MTC president and his wife both spoke. Then we watched a short video on missionaries. Then they told us it was time to say goodbye. Many of us were already crying at this point and the ones who weren't cried when they said goodbye to Cody. We all gave him hugs and then we exited out the "family" door and he left through the "missionary" door. It was surreal. It was hard to believe I wasn't going to see my brother for 3 years until he had actually left. Anyways heres some pics from the MTC.

This is my dad, Cody and Micki.

Me, My dad, Cody, Nichole.

All the "kids".


Here is Cody when we first walked into the MTC. He is getting his name tag.

And here are my mom and Cody after my mom put his name tag on.

And the nametag itself.

I just thought this picture was funny. I was trying to take a picture of his name tag and his hand got in the way. But whats funny is his mission name on his hand. (By the way, the picture is upside down).

Here is Cody's address in the MTC if anyone wants to write him!!


We had a really fun couple of days prior to taking Cody in to the MTC. My mom, stepdad Tracy, little sister Ariana, Dad and stepmom Micki all drove here from California for the special occasion. We squeezed a lot of activities into a very short time. (I was exhausted when everyone left to say the least. I also got sick! Go figure.)

Sunday when my dad, Micki and Cody got here we went over to Nichole's house in Lehi to spend the afternoon. Here are some pictures from that afternoon.


We call my dad the baby whisperer because he love babies and can always get them to stop crying!

I thought this was a funny picture because you can see the happy mama in the background!


I really like this picture.

This is my favorite.



On Monday we went to the Draper temple open house. It was a really cool experience. The Draper temple is really amazing. Here is Cody being silly. He is pointing to his mission.

Here is a group picture.

And here is one more of my cute little niece! And another view of the mountains.

7 comments:

  1. Love all your pictures! You always get the cutest ones of Brielle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your brother looks a ton like you!loving the glasses. oh and btw where was this baby whisperer when arden had collic for 79 long years?? now ya tell me:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for your family with your brother going on a mission. And how fun to have your family here for a little while.

    I am glad you've had fun. Isn't the Draper temple beautiful? Your niece is so cute.

    I miss you in Young Womens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clair- you have the greatest way of depicting life. Your pictures are great. Will you email me that fantastic one of you, Chad, Cody, Nichole and Ariana in Nichole's living room and any others that you want to. Love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures of your family! I still have a hard time singing "Called to Serve" because it brings back all the memories of saying goodbye to siblings at the MTC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha! its just very ...un patriotic.the design. beau is very into conspiracy theorys so i designed him one. i would have poasted it...but people might think im a jerk. maby ill show you sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clair!!! I'm so glad you found my blog and also that now I can read yours. :) The reception will be in Salt Lake, so I hope we'll see you guys there! :)

    ReplyDelete