Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Heros, Blessings, and Books

So there are just a few random things that I have forgotten to blog about in the last month or so. First we went to our cousin Johnny's daughters blessing a few weeks ago and I never wrote about it. It was really nice. They decided to bless Hannah at their house which always makes it a little more personal. Hannah is a very cute baby and we couldn't love their little family more. It is always fun to have other young married couples (who just happen to be family) around to hang out with. Here is a picture of Johnny, Lorna, Lily and little Hannah at the blessing.


Also, I started an Internship for the Red Cross. I'm not sure if I have blogged about this yet but I will now. It is a really awesome opportunity and I know that it was the right internship for me. As much as I would have loved to write for the church magazines, it just wasn't meant to be. So instead I am an intern for the Greater Salt Lake Area chapter of the Red Cross. The Red Cross is an awesome non-profit organization and I am really excited to be working for such a great organization. I am working in the communication department and helping their PR director. So far I have helped edit articles and write profiles of the volunteers. I also got to help with the 2009 American Red Cross Heroes Award Luncheon. The RC basically was honoring 10 different heroes in the community. It was really good and cool to be a part of. I was the light person for all of the short videos they played! lol


And also I just finished reading this really great book called Confessions of an Economic Hitman for the Labor Economics class I am taking. It is definitely a pretty quick read and just gave me a different perspective on the world, especially third world countries. I recommend it to anyone that has an open mind and wants to learn more about our economy and economics in general. It is not boring!! Don't worry.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute family. I love the picture.

    I am excited for your new internship. You go girl.

    I should probably read that book to understand the economy better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats...sounds like life is going good.
    love,
    aunt linda

    ReplyDelete