Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Can you say milestone?

Let's face it: while newborn babies are adorable, they don't DO a lot. They eat, sleep, poop and cry. The first three are ok, the latter not so much. But that's what you deal with as a mom to a newborn.
Afton is finally starting to get into the "fun" stage. She is sleeping less now and is starting to be aware of us more. We can get an occasional smirk or dirty look from her now, depending on what we do. I want to say she has the dirty look mastered pretty well now...wonder where she learned that?? Mystery...
So...she now is actually doing fun things other than the ones mentioned above. I put her in her crib to play for a little while, which she did for almost 30 minutes without crying! Miracle!
I went in to her room to check on her and thought I would try out the rattle. And...drum roll please...she held it! All by herself! For a few minutes periodically. Here is the milestone I speak of.
It's not much and you can tell by her bored expression in the picture below that it didn't blow her socks off like it did mine, but I like to think she enjoyed it.

Please enjoy the short video below. I'm sure that my sister and mom will probably be the only ones who enjoy it considering it is pretty much Afton moving her arm once or twice with the rattle and looking at me. But even so here it is...

Oh and after finishing this post I realized I spelled rattle like "raddle." Guess my pregnancy brain hasn't completely left yet. Apparently I don't have my good spelling and grammar skills back yet. Hope they return soon so I don't sound like an idiot all the time. :-)Align Center

2 comments:

  1. What a fun milestone! I remember when Ayla did that I had to get pictures and video too! I watch your little video and enjoyed it! It was darling!

    Sorry to say it but I am not so sure if the pregnancy brain ever goes away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the video! What a great milestone! She is such a strong and smart baby already!

    ReplyDelete