Friday, January 21, 2011

6 Weeks Old


Dear Afton,

Time really does fly by once you become a parent. In some ways it seems like a lot longer than 6 weeks-what with the lack of sleep and long nights- and in other ways it seems like just yesterday we welcomed you into the world. Your dad and I can't remember what our home was like without you and wouldn't want to.

Your cute little (mostly unintentional) smiles make us so happy. Your little double chin is becoming increasingly bigger and only makes you more endearing. You already have your own personality. You know what you want and you definitely let us know. You are hungry a lot and it shows! You are definitely weighing in over 8 lbs now.

Everyone in our home, including Oliver, can't get enough of you! He loves to sit down next to you while you play on the floor.

You can hold your head up pretty good now and are even getting some strength in your legs. You are growing out of a lot of your newborn clothes now and will soon be in your 3 month wardrobe. You are almost out of newborn diapers too! Your hair is still as dark and thick as ever and your eyes are still gray. We can't decide if they will be brown or green yet... we shall see. You love your baths and we think you will be a little fish like your mom and dad! You love to fall asleep on dad's chest and he is the best at getting you to sleep. Although you still love mom because she feeds you! :-)
You also like to take walks with mom and Oliver in your stroller and lay on a blanket and just look around.
These 6 weeks have been the happiest of our lives and we can't wait to spend more time with you as you learn and grow. Thank you for blessing our home and making us feel like the luckiest parents in the world! We love you Afton!

Love,
Mom and Dad

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe she is 6 weeks either! Hopefully that means you are close to a full nights sleep?? She is so adorable, the perfect mix of Clair and Chad. That is so funny how Oliver likes to sit by her, how cute! I wish I could be there to hold her and experience some of her "firsts" with you. Just know that I love you and miss you and I always think about you. I always update Chase after our conversations and he loves to hear how you are doing. He loves you guys too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're sleep deprived! That's no fun. Dalton was a horrible sleeper when he was a baby. With Molly, I read the book On Becoming Babywise and it made all the difference. She was sleeping 4 to 5 hours at night almost immediatley. I highly recommend it. I know all babies are different, but it's worth a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! I love that you wrote it out to her! You can really tell how much you love her! I know how you feel! All those sleepless nights are out weighed by that precious smile! She is so cute! I hope I get to meet her some day!

    ReplyDelete