Monday, May 4, 2009

A few more...

Ok....so maybe people are tired of seeing all my pots but I am just so dang proud of them that I don't care! I am taking my last class this summer and I am definitely going to be sad when it ends. A couple people have asked me to make pots for them....I can definitely try but I have to see what all I can get done. But if anyone has any requests I can definitely try. So here are a few more creations that I have brought home. I still have one more coming...

This is my coil project. I made a bunch of thin coils all the same size and then built the pot up with them. They are all connected on the inside. It was fun and easy.

These are my tiles that I made. We first made the mold of the original tile out of plaster. Then we made a bunch more from the mold and walla. I love the glaze on these. They turned out really good. I think I am going to hang three on my wall in a diagonal pattern. (Oh and FYI these are really easy and inexpensive because I still have the mold so if anyone wants a few let me know.)



This is the second teapot I have made. Let me just say that it turned out soooo much better than the first one I made. I really loved how it turned out. These are also pretty easy to make. It is missing the top in these pictures. The top got separated and didn't get fired at the same tip. Woops.



This is called a sager fired piece. Basically you put biodegradble items around it such as bananna peels, orange peels, copper wire, leaves and other items. Then you wrap all of it in newspaper to keep it together. It is fired at a slightly higher temp than the other pieces. And walla this is what is looks like. I love how the next two turned out. This is kind of a gamble because you never know exactly how they will turn out.


This is one of my favorite I think.


3 comments:

  1. I love the tea pot. I like that you share all your work. You do a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clair, your pots look so super cool, I think the coil one looks so unique! Taking a pottery class seems to have been a lot of fun for you. I didn't know you were planning on moving back to California! When is that happening?
    Skylee Neff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hon,
    Your new pots are beautiful! I would love one or two of the star-like tiles.
    Thank you for your sweet comments on my Parkinson's posts..I love you too.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete