Thursday, November 18, 2010

45 Days of....

Sometimes I freak out...
When I think about the fact that I only have 45 days (give or take) until Afton graces us with her presense my stomach takes a turn (That's probably Afton kicking me in reality). Don't get me wrong. I am soooo excited I can hardly wait.
But also my whole life will change in 45 days.
I will be a mom.
I will be in charge of a tiny person.
Who can't do anything for herself.
Anything at all...
That is enough to freak out about.
And when I say freak out, I mean it in a good way.
Such as, although I am about to have this life changing experience I am happy too.
I spent my night last night relaxing.
I took a bath, lit some candles, stuck my iphone in my ear and listened to Damien Rice.
I was able to think about my baby and what's ahead. It was wonderful.
Granted my belly wasn't fully submerged in the water due to the fact that I am now huge and our bathtab is on the small side. But that's ok. I actually like being huge...sometimes.

So.....where was I....oh yeah....45 days.
I have 45 days to prepare myself for labor, hopefully without an epidural if my body stays strong and my mind calm. That's the plan right now.
I have 45 days to prepare for the rest of my life.

Now that's something to think about.
Also, I am happy right now.
I have a lot going on, a full plate if you will.
And life always brings drama of some sort, but I am magically calm.
What is there to not be happy about?
I have a wonderful husband.
Example: Tuesday my day was long. I was gone from 8 am to 7 pm. By 7 I was exhausted. Chad got off at 5 then went to two grocery stores and cooked me dinner. How awesome is he?
I have a really good job right now. It's flexible and the people I work with are nice! How's that for a change. They really care about my well being and what's best for me and the baby.
Chad and I are prepared for the baby. We have had to buy one thing...the crib. Everything else our wonderful family and friends have gotten for us.

We are so blessed.
Lastly, we are starting our family.
Our kids will be born under the covenant of the temple.
They will be sealed to us for time and all eternity.
We get to raise our children the way we think will turn them into the good, honest people.
Life is good. So while I am sure there will be a few more "freak outs" over the next 45 days there will be more excitement and happiness about the future.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about your pregnancy. I'm 14 weeks along in mine right now. It's fun to hear your story of it all and to experience some similar things.

    Good luck with the natural labor. I am doing the same thing as well. You can do it and you'll be strong. It's all part of what a woman's body should do.

    Congratulations! Can't wait to see the little girl that is called Afton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those feelings. They don't go away after you have the baby. A lot of concerns will come up because you will love your little Afton. I was freak out just by the way Ayla breathed when she was sleeping. I guess that goes with being a mom! You are going to be a wonderful mom! I am excited for you!

    ReplyDelete