Wednesday, November 10, 2010

33 Weeks

I'm having a pretty hard time wrapping my head around that fact that I will have a baby in two months. My pregnancy so far has flown by and I am positive the next two months will go even faster. I definitely feel huge now. I have grown a lot in the last two months. I am pretty sure there is no mistaking the fact that I am pregnant now :-)
This was at 24 weeks...
This is at 32 weeks...
I am actually feeling pretty good about being "prepared" as far as stuff goes. My wonderful sister graciously gave me ALL her girl clothes from Brielle. So I could probably not get another piece of clothing and be fine until Afton is two :-) (That's not to say I wouldn't gladly accept more clothing though...)
Our nursery is coming along nicely...


Before:

After:
It was a huge relief to get our spare room cleaned out and turned into our nursery. Now there are just a few minor things to adjust and it will be done.

Oliver still thinks the nursery is his room because it's where he sleeps...poor dog. So much is going to change and he has no idea... Here are a few nursery details to share:

The crib, which I've already posted, is the holding place for now of a lot of the clothing that we won't use until Afton's a little older.

Chad's boss gave us this dresser...for free! I love free things. It's still in really great shape, just needs a few adjustments. But it really looks new.

This picture I've had for a while. It's Greg Olsen. I just love it and think it's very appropriate for a brand new baby just sent from Heaven ;-) I'm going with a sort of bird theme if you will. I found these figurines and the clock at a cute decor store in utah when I was there for my shower. All three were under $25 combined. I was so excited to find them.

Chad's cousin Brittany made this cute bow holder for me as a shower present. She also made the black polka dot and the white bows. It also has birds on it...coincidence? (is that how you spell that?

My wonderful friend Lindsey pained me these beatiful pictures to hang in the nursery. I specifically asked her to do them and she gave them to me at my shower. They turned out wonderfully. They also give you an idea of my color scheme.

Finally, I couldn't find any bedding I liked so i decided to make my own. And by that I mean, my mom is helping me sew the bedding. Here are the colors. The quilt is almost done and then we will move on to the bumpers.

This is literally the only thing I have bought for the baby (except the crib of course). I'm saying it's from Oliver because of the cute doggies on it. :-)

We are really getting so excited for Afton to be here! It's flying by and my latest due date is Jan 1st. So that will be here before we know it...

5 comments:

  1. SO CUTE! I love everything. I am getting really excited to meet Afton! I'm so happy that I will live so close to a cute little newborn.. ahh I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your crib! And those pictures! So cute. I love that you're not doing the typical pink overload nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. You're right, January will be here before we know it. Good luck you two! You will be great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute nursery clair. and the pictures linds did are of course fabulous. come hangout with me sooon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The nursery looks FABULOUS Clair!! I'm so excited for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete