Saturday, October 23, 2010

Halloween Happenings

Even though Halloween is still a week away, most of our Halloween activities are over I'm afraid.
Last weekend we went to a pumpkin patch with our Neighbors Michelle, Bryan and Carter to pick out some pumpkins to carve. It was a little early but we were in the mood to be festive, so we did!
We also got to go on a hayride and check out some farm animals...

Then we headed back to Michelle and Bryan's place (which happens to be in our same apartment building...how convenient :-) to carve our picks.
Can I first of all say, that my pumpkin turned our horribly and I am a little embarrassed to say it is mine, but to my defense it has been a few years since I carved a pumpkin. This was actually the first Halloween that Chad and I have carved pumpkins together, so it was fun even though my "owl on a branch" was pitiful.
Chad's scary face pumpkin was much more successful than mine!
Can owl's look cross-eyed? Because mine does...

And last night was our ward Halloween party. Dressing up was another Halloween first for Chad and I. We have never really had anywhere to go on Halloween so we have never really bothered with costumes...until this year. I decided to google pregnant costumes and this is what we came up with...all homemade too!
(My oven reads: Bun in the Oven. Cook time remaining: 10 weeks)
Our costumes were a big hit with the adults and got quite a few laughs. Meanwhile, the kids in the ward just looked dazed and confused when trying to figure out what we were...as it should be. And the teens got it but usually got a little red in the face as they gave us a nervous chuckle.
We had a nice Chili potluck and Bryan and Chad decorated our tables pumpkin.
The Lee's were pirates. Michelle did such a good job on their costumes!

All in all it was a really fun night! It was nice to celebrate this fun holiday for a change. Even though we won't be going trick or treating or doing anything on the actual holiday it was still one of the best Halloween's I've had!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! It's not too early to go to the pumpkin patch, we went like two weeks ago! And I think you did a good job on your pumpkin, don't sweat it. I LOVE your Halloween costumes! Such a good idea! Good job on making them. How did you make the oven?? I can't believe you only have ten weeks to go... Afton will be here in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What creative costumes! You guys look great! So glad you are enjoying the holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for you and Chad to have your first official Halloween together!

    I don't know what you are talking about! Your pumpkin looked great!

    I love, LOVE your costumes!!!! So cute!!! I am going to show them to Kurt! I bet it was fun to wear them! I love Halloween and I love to dress up!

    BTW, you look fabulous pregnant! I miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete