Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer in Review- July

So remember last post when I said I would never go that long again without posting. Well, I lied. Apparently I am a liar. So here we are again...two months later...and I did it again. But you know, it happens. So let's see where we left off:

Sometime in July:

We picked peaches from my mom's peach tree and I tried my hand at canning. It went well but took FOREVER! I knew it wouldn't be easy but it was very time consuming for such little results. But we do have some fresh peaches canned now to add to our food storage. So that's a plus.
While Chad picked the peaches.... Oliver... ate peaches off the ground...
and flirted with Whiskers through the window.
The end result.

Oh and this is what Chad and Oliver did while I canned until my hands bled(ok they didn't bleed, overreaction)...made funny faces. What's new?
Oliver has kept his summer schedule pretty open so that he could get in plenty of naps.
He also decided to nap even more when I told him come January our house would be getting little sleep. I encourage his naps because I get to snap cute pictures such as the following:


July also brought more garden sensations. The watermelons didn't get as big as we hoped but turned out really good.
They looked a little different but tasted delicious!

We took many walks at dry creek (a nice walking path in Modesto) when it wasn't too hot. Ariana liked to tag along too. Oliver just likes walks period.
It really is a beautiful place to walk, very relaxing. Except when your pregnant and are trying to get used to feeling like you constantly have a full bladder. Then walking gets a little trickier. I have started to perfect the art of walking

That's one happy dog.

July also brought family birthdays and a chance to catch up with my dad's side of the family.
Here's the birthday girl/woman laughing at all of the Alkire's funny and sometimes inappropriate for kids birthday cards.
Cody and Chad listening to colorful conversations and trying to stay entertained...or rather staying entertained without trying. There is certainly never a dull moment with the Alkire's.
Aunt Debbie, Aunt Sue, Great-Aunt Donna and Micki.




Last but certainly not least...July brought us a surprise visit from Jill, Dixie and Parker. They went to Disneyland with Chad's family and decided last minute to make a stop in Modesto for a few days so that we could see them. It's always fun to have them around!


July- Check. On to August....

2 comments:

  1. About time! I am jealous of the peaches, we still have not had any good ones here:( I LOVE you in that dress at Aunt Sue's party. It looks so good on you and showed off your baby bump, but I still need to see a better baby bump pic than that! I probably do look more pregnant than you, my stomach is growing like crazy with this one! I was not this big until I was like 28 weeks last time! I know I can't wait for you to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE PREGNANT!! Did I miss something? CONGRATS!!!

    I know what you mean about not posting. It was a busy summer and I am still busy!

    Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete