Friday, January 15, 2010

Polar opposites and Good Reads

While Chad and I are very compatible...obviously...we definitely are very different in some aspects of life. For example: I am the kind of person that likes my time. I don't like going somewhere super early because then I just have to wait. So maybe besides begin to work a few minutes early and to job interviews and things of that importance, I DON'T like being early. And I really never am. I will give myself just enough time to be somewhere on time... and sometimes I am even late. I will admit. I just don't like waiting...I am impatient. It's something I am working on.
Chad on the other hand....my better half in this instance...is an early kind of person. He HATES being late. And almost never is. He always is wanting to leave earlier than me to get somewhere early. He is really really good about this.
I want to be early, I just don't know if it is in me to wait... unless I have a good book to pass the time while I am waiting. That is the one exception I will make. Which brings me to my next topic: Books. I finished Breaking Dawn (4th book in the Twilight series) on Sunday. It Always makes me sad to finish that series. You get to know the characters so well during the four books and the fourth one is my favorite. It is so different from the other 3. More mature and defenitely so much new happening. So i was sad to finish like I always am...no more Edward and Bella to fill the time.
BUT... I started another book Sunday. It's a series I have been wanting to start for a while called The Moral Instruments. I started the first book City of Bones on Sunday and finished it yesterday. It was great! I hate saying I read fantasy but that is what it is. But I also would classify Harry Potter and Twilight as fantasy so they are along the same lines as both of those series. I don't know why, but those kind of books just suck me in. Maybe it's because they are so unlike our real world and let's face it: Sometimes we need a break from the real world.
So the books are about Shadowhunters, or demon hunters. It sounds weird but it really isn't that much weirder than Harry Potter. The writing is really good and so it the story line. Very entertaining. There really aren't very many slow moments at all. It's a 500 page book but it really didn't seem that long at all.
I would highly recommend the first book. It didn't have quite the ending I thought it would but I can't say that I didn't like the ending. So I am dying to go and buy the 2nd and 3rd books tonight so I can start on those!

1 comment:

  1. Did you like Breaking Dawn? I liked it! My favorites were New Moon and Eclipse but I love how every thing came together in the end.

    ReplyDelete