Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lately

I am finally getting over being sick. I was actually relieved that my Wisdom tooth appointment was cancelled because I would have been miserable with a head cold and a throbbing mouth. So my congestion is starting to go away but I still sound like a 60 year old man. Hopefully that will go away extra fast. I pretty much did absoltely nothing this weekend....it was nice. Not gonna lie. I watched a lot of movies...to be honest I can't really remember a lot of them...maybe that was from the cold medicine. Oh wait...just remembered one. We rented 17 again from Redbox. I am now a fan of Zach Efron after that movie. And I was already a fan of Chandler Bing... is that his name? Yes, that's the name I will always know him as. I miss friends... So that was a really good movie, funny, light. Took me to a happy place in the midst of all the tissues and snot.
Sunday was a good day. I teach the 5 year olds in our ward. They are really fun. I like being in the primary. This is the second time now I have been called as a teacher. The last time I taught sun beams and there were usually 3 on a good day, 1 on a bad day. That was hard. But now I have moved on up to the 5 year olds and there have been about 5 or the last couple of weeks. A couple are a handful *cough cough* the two boys. But I honestly love them already. They all have their own personalities and it's really fun being able to teach them about Christ and his church.
And yesterday Chad had his first night of his new EMT class. We are really hoping everything goes smoothly with financial aid so he can stay in the class. We're keeping our fingers crossed. I just puttered around the house last night and did some dishes and laundry. And I watched a little bit of Romeo and Juliet. Chad and I started watching it Sunday night and it just was too weird so we turned it off. All of the people who play the Capulets and Mantagues are weird! Not to mention the original dialogue of Romeo and Juliet mixed with the modern scenery, clothes and people. It was odd and annoying. So Chad and I were both looking at each other not sure if the other one liked it but we finally agreed to turn it off and laughted about it for a while. But then I got curious last night again. Because I really love Claire Danes. I love her not just because we share a name. I also like her because she is a really great actress. She has one of those alluring qualities, I just love watching her in movies. She is in Brokedown Palace. If you have not seen that movie you need to! So anywyas..back to Romeo and Juliet. Yes the movie is weird with the modern take but the parts with just Romeo (played by the wonderful Leonardo Dicaprio) and Juliet are wonderful. I actually like the old language in those parts. Shakespear really was a genious. I liked the balcony part with them so much it really made me want to go back and read the play. I think I just might.
And lastly I watched the Bachelor, and yes it is possible to have more drama than the first week. I will say this much, the Bachelor really knows how to entertain. One of the more skanky, fake blonde girls had an "innapropriate relationship" as Chris Harrison puts is, with one of the crew. Ha! How have they not thought of that before? It was sooooo funny! Don't get me wrong, i actually really like the Bachelor, Jake this season and want him to find his soul mate (slightly sarcastic emphasis on the last part of that sentence) but this was almost too much to handle. He looked like he was going to faint when he heard the girl was being sent home. The girl in question acted like it was ok and actually said to Chris when he confronted her that "her personal life was no one's business." Really? Really? And then all the other girls are all crying? I don't get it. Shouldn't they be happy because there is now one less girl and Jake is all vulnerable now and will make out with them? That's what I would think.
I was staring at the screen in awe, suprise and disgust the whole time. But lets be real...I will definitely be enjoying and watching every episode of the Bachelor this season. I am not ashamed.

That's all.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you had never seen Romeo and Juliet before! I LOVE that movie, at least I used to. Have not seen it in a while. I am glay you are feeling better. Call ya tonight. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, the juxtaposition of the modern setting with the original dialogue is one of the best qualities of that movie! Okay, honestly the reason I loved that movie as a teenager was because I loved Leonardo DiCaprio, but now I just love that movie because its amazing and Baz Luhrman is an incredible director. I'ts one of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so funny! I love that you love the Bachelor. I have never seen the show.

    I love 17 Again. I am glad you liked it.

    Sorry you have been sick!

    ReplyDelete