Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Across Nevada

Moving is not that fun but we had so many friends and family to help us. So thank you to everyone that helped us move! Especially my dad and Cody who drove all the way to Utah to help us move. I just had to post this picture. This is sweet little Dixie, Chad's niece and Oliver asleep after a long day of packing and moving. This was our first time meeting Dixie and we couldn't help but fall in love. We are so sad that we won't be living in the same state...again. Jill and Phil, Chad's sister and brother-in-law, moved to Utah the same weekend we were moving to California. The ironic thing is that when we moved to Utah two years ago they were living in Utah and moved back to California. So we haven't lived in the same state together!


Everything is gone...we were not sad to move out of our little dinky apartment!


We were a little worried about how Oliver would do on a 12 hour car ride but he did so good! He had fun playing and honestly slept most of the time.


Mid-bite. He likes to bit...a lot. He must be a normal puppy.

We had to stop more than we wanted to....Oliver had a small bladder. This picture is really hilarious to me because Chad is getting a little... annoyed... shall we say...because Oliver is just playing and not going to the bathroom. Eventually he did after he was done playing with bushes.

Finally!

Car rides are fun...sometimes. This one really wasn't bad because we broke up the drive.


Hot August Nights

This is a tradition of sorts with my dad and my brother and I. We used to go every year but I hadn't been for about 3 years probably. So we decided to stop in Reno and go on our way back to California. Definition: Hot August Nights: Car show in Reno that is fun for about an hour and then gets boring, unless there is shopping. Ha Ok so maybe I am overexagerating. It is fun and I like looking at cars but it does get tiring. But we really did have fun. The hotel was a bit of a challenge with Oliver, but we managed to figure it out.
This is my dad and my step-mom Micki. It was also their anniversary weekend. The year before they had gotten married in Reno at Hot August Nights.

Chad and I.

Cutest picture ever. While we were out walking looking at cars, Oliver got tired so I put him in my ginormous purse and he fell asleep. I am really not going to be one of those ladies who puts her dog in her purse all the time, I promise.

Oliver also likes to sleep here...on Chad's neck.

This is the first place he would go when he wanted to lay in bed with us. Chad doesn't seem to mind.

Hot August Nights was fun and it was really nice spending some quality time with my dad and Micki!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this must have taken you all night! I am glad your drive home was fun. Oliver looks so cute asleep in your purse! It's weird because dogs in a purse totally annoys me too, but seeing Oliver was different! That is the funniest thing ever that he sleeps on Chad's neck! They both look so comfy. Now I wish B and I had a doggy to cuddle with while Chase was at work! Thanks for all the pics of our swimming day! I LOVE them. The BBQ at grandma's was so fun! I love the pic of us girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he fell asleep in your purse. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete