Saturday, November 29, 2008

Twilight and Mexico....

Merida, Mexico
So first of all I forgot to mention in our last blog that my younger brother Cody got called on a mission to Merida, Mexico. He doesn't report to the MTC until March, 4th so we still have some more time left with him. I am so excited for him, but I will really miss him. We were very close growing up and although we are a few states apart right now we are still close. I will miss him a lot, but I know this is what he is supposed to do. Also, not to brag about my brother too much, but he just got named first team all nation and first team Cal for water polo. For you non-water polo players this means that not only is my brother one of the ten best water polo players in California, but also in the nation! He really is an awesome player! I'm jealous. Anyways we're all really proud of him.


TWILIGHT!!


Secondly, I went and saw twilight last night and absolutely loved it! I know there will be a lot of cynical people out there that will complain because the movie wasn't exactly like the book and they left this and that out and while some of that may be true I still think it was awesome. I think the director and screenwriter did a very good job of turning a book into a movie, which I am sure is no easy task. I can't even imagine trying to fit all of Stephenie Meyer's wonderful insight into a two hour movie. So for what its worth I think they did an awesome job doing that.


Also I thought that the actors were spot on. Edward and Bella I am sure weren't exactly what I had pictured them and there were a few scenes I didn't care for, but for the most part, they captured the characters very well. I could definitely feel the tension on screen just like you can feel it when your reading Stephenie Meyer's book. I was really amazed.


Again, there were a few cheesy lines added that definitely weren't in the book and the scene in the forest where bella admits that she knows Edward is a vampire is a little over the top for my taste, but I still liked the majority of the movie. I really, really liked the baseball scene. It was really creative. Ok, so I am sure you are tired of hearing me ramble on. I'll say just one more time it was really good and I think that if people are negative about the movie they need to lighten up a little!! I would recommend it to anyone.


I will definitely post pictures from our Thanksgiving in Idaho later, but I am at work so I can't really do it right now...






2 comments:

  1. That is awesome about your brother. What a honor for you to have him as your brother. So he is going to Mexico. Wow! And the water polo thing that is amazing too!

    I am glad you liked Tiwlight. I loved it! I thought they did a great job too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to go see it! I think I am the last girl on the planet that has not seen Twilight yet! I think I will like it, you are right though, you just have to watch it without the expectation that it will be just like the book. I will keep that in mind.

    ReplyDelete